Replacing VST without changing name/colour/Icon

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Remi, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Remi

Remi Member

Hello again,

I spent a fair amount of time preparing a template based on a midi file. I import the MIDI, rename, recolour and change icons for each channel, then split he pattern by channel to get separate playlist scores. Now it's time to replace the MIDI instruments with proper sounding VSTs. But when I do, the name, colour and icon I spent time editing get replaced by the default setting for the VST name.

Is there a way to replace a generator without affecting the name and format I had chosen for each pattern?

As a secondary question, UNDO does not work to return to the original configuration. I guess I should be using some kind of "history revert" instead. I thought Undo would do it (I sett the Undo level to a very high number) but it doesn't want to know.

Thank you again for your assistance.

3. Remi

Remi Member

I received notification of your original message. Made me laugh.

4. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

hehe you i first asked you which daw you use, but then i saw that i am posting in teh fl studio section :) I found your post via the other side :)

5. Remi

Remi Member

I wasn't going to tell anyone. Nice to have a laugh at the end of an unproductive day though. Thanks for the comic relief.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019