repairing disk error

Discussion in 'PC' started by funkman, Jul 27, 2022.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

If you don't want to remove the graphics card, you should at least disconnect the monitor that was causing trouble from the graphics card and then boot the PC. If you then have error messages - write them down completely - otherwise we will never find the error.

2. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

NirSoft - BlueScreenView 1.55

The Windows blue screen from Microsoft always causes a moment of shock for users. Because when it appears, a
    crash is the cause.But why? The BlueScreenView from the manufacturer NirSoft provides answers to this question.

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file description, and file version).

For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane. BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly caused the crash.

Free Download: www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Attached Files:

3. boomoperators

boomoperators Kapellmeister

https://github.com/PartialVolume/shredos.x86_64

With Shred OS you can securely wipe your drive after you made your backup.

"What are the advantages of nwipe over dwipe/DBAN? Well as everybody probably knows, DBAN development stopped in 2015 which means it has not received any further bug fixes or support for new hardware since that date. Nwipe originally was a fork of dwipe but has continued to have improvements and bug fixes and is now available in many Linux distros. ShredOS hopefully will always provide the latest nwipe on a up to date Linux kernel so it will support modern hardware."

4. funkman

funkman Member

Pc had been going ok there for past week after i changed a value in registry.( i thought i had posted what i had done in registry,but cant see it)
    anyway,switched pc on today and....
    American Megatrends logo
    3rd master Hard disk SMART status BAD,Backup and replace
    press F1 to resume

wtf

5. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Is it ok if I qoute myself in this case?!.
    When you value your spare hour @ $10 and we assume you worked on it 50 hours from July 27th wouldn't it have been wiser to replace the HDD in the first place?

A great 1 TB SSD is about $300

Really I don't get why people don't value their precious spare time not at least half as expensive as a work hour.
    Its not free, its half of your life you waste on nothing. :guru:

6. funkman

funkman Member

i know what you are saying,but im curious when the smart result came back the other day ok,how now i got that message

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

8. funkman

funkman Member

If i click on c drive properties tools error checking check it says you dont need to scan this drive we havent found any errors.
    why would it say that if there are probs?

9. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

but would the HD have run without errors with AHCI OFF for one week in the first place?

If you have fun fiddeling around thats totally ok, but when it trurns to be work its another story.

10. funkman

funkman Member

what does 3rd master mean?

11. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

(probably) the hard disk connected to the third port (or to the fourth if the count starts at zero) is now finally broken according to SMART.

12. funkman

funkman Member

I ran crystaldiskinfo and the 05 part reallocated sectors count reads at current 74 and worst 74 it has a yellow tick beside it
    towards bottom where it says C5 current pending sector count current is 97 worst is 96
    the rest of the readings for c have the blue circle
    for e drive the 05 part reallocated sectors count reads at current 90 and worst 90,it has a yellow tick beside it
    the rest are all ticked blue
    health status says caution

13. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

This warning means for you, your hard disk is partially defective and dying, save your important files now and get a new hard disk.

14. funkman

funkman Member

according to that they both are then,is that correct?

15. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

The disk now will give up within a short time.
    The question is whether the data can still be backed up fully, because the hard drive gets hot during operation and errors can then occur more frequently.
    I would recommend to shut down the computer and remove the hard disk and then back up the files in order of importance on another computer if possible wit an external interface. If that works, try a second time to back up the whole disk.

Both are defective. I would never trust them.
    They can work for some weeks or die within hours. One never knows that. Try to save your data and get two new drives, better SSDs if you can afford. That's the best advice imho.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  16. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Can you take screenshots of all the disks CrystalDiscInfo displays?

17. funkman

funkman Member

Attached Files:

18. funkman

funkman Member

Attached Files:

19. funkman

funkman Member

20. Olaf

Olaf Platinum Record

The disks have pending and already reallocated sectors. You should replace them to avoid further instabilities and data loss.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List