Render to audio clip

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Maverick, May 24, 2023.

1. Maverick

Maverick Newbie

Hey guys . I'm not new to Fl Studio. I've been using it since version 7 . But thee new features are killing me in version 20 . Ive been out of music for a while because of heart issues.

The problem I'm having might be a newb one but I need your help.

I'm having difficulty with midi that I render to audio clip. I leave the tail remainder . But I can't get it to line up with the rest of my playlist. On many videos I see render to audio clip gets in exact where the sound ends in the sample window but mine has the long silent tail pass the red marks.

Ive tried snapping to grid options and even dragging the tail in but thats not what i'm looking for. i used to do it from the mixer in FL 10 and things worked fine but now i'm lost. HeLP!!!

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

In your Export settings, do you have it set to Tails: Leave Remainder? (I haven't used FL in forever either).

Maybe this YT will help more, it seems to cover the topic pretty nicely.

4. Maverick

Maverick Newbie

Video didn't help much. I know that part already. That's how I learned back in the day.

But the problem is with the audio file itself. The tail of the audio file makes arrangement in the Playlist very difficult because it's longer than midi patterns in it.

The issue it's overlapping everything else in the Playlist and ruining my workflow I shouldn't have to be adjusting the length or slicing it off everytime.

I've seen in a lot of videos it comes out exact length as the midi pattern. Unless my FL is broken or I'm doing something wrong.

5. def12

def12 Kapellmeister

You didn't really answer his question, if you set it to "Tails: Leave Remainder". What happens when you turn it off?

6. Maverick

Maverick Newbie

@def12 if I cut remainder it will cut it off close to the end for some clips which works out OK. But other times it cuts it like a note short and the clip comes up two columns short of a bar.

It's strange as hell. I never faced this issue when I learned to export from the mixer track in FL 10.

7. Maverick

Maverick Newbie

I don't think nothing is wrong leaving the tail. But it bugs my workload to be zooming in and slicing or using the snap to grid with none when I don't notice and the audio clip ends up time stretched.

I've seen it too that the tail have delay and mufffles into the next clip. Really boil my blood...

Is there a necessity to cut or leave the remainder in theory?

8. statik

statik Audiosexual

have you tried marking the part you want to render, you know in the top part of the window where you can draw the red bar

9. Maverick

Maverick Newbie

@statik yes I marked it. There's just something very odd why I can't get it exact as the midi pattern. If I try to slice the audio clip it cuts of the last note in the midi so I'm left with a small gap in the Playlist.

10. statik

statik Audiosexual

could you make a screenshot of the problem, i think we might be misunderstanding the problem a bit

11. clone

clone Audiosexual

Yes, I think you are correct. It could be something like the last note of that phrase having a tiny bit spill into the next measure. Tail on/off/ or even wrapped, should not have this result, as explained. If a tail is rendered and then that sample is loaded back in with the tail/forced to grid; it would calculate the BPM incorrectly but it would still not chop the last note in the phrase. I would try extending the grid, so having two copies of the loop be triggered, then cut it appropriately and expect a looping error (click,etc). I would probably put that part/data into a brand new empty project and look into it that way, also. It is likely something else is wrong.

12. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

It is perhaps skewed by the latency of your soundcard.