removing unwanted nexus 3 expansions

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by statik, Jan 24, 2022.

1. statik

statik Audiosexual

so i've been searching for a while now on how to delete unwanted nexus expansions but can't seem to find how to do this manually on OSX.

what i've done so far
    deleted the expansion and preset folders
    edited tags.csv
    edited content_properties.json

edit: nvm apparently restarting the DAW was the only thing left i needed to do

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Isn't it just great when you can resolve your own issues without help!!! I love being able to do that.

4. statik

statik Audiosexual

makes me feel i has big brain

5. Dave_Music

Dave_Music Platinum Record

I often do that when I feel horny and want sex and nobody else is around :rofl:

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

delete the folders accordingly, always keep the ROM and the ROM exts.

(eventually there could cross uses of samples, well then you can make a list before moving them somewhere else and try to load various presets and after that, you can delete the folders of the XPs you want)

7. statik

statik Audiosexual

yeah, i still have backups of them but i'm pretty sure these arent used elsewhere, it's those christmas expansions

8. Dimentagon

Dimentagon Rock Star

I deleted Nexus. Such a Hyped uninspiring Rompler.

9. statik

statik Audiosexual

congratz! give yourself a good pat on the back, it's well deserved. any special reward you would like to be nominated for?

maybe you should make a dedicated topic for announcing that you deleted nexus for being so uninspired by it. maybe more people will join and then you could form a special uninspired club and be president

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  10. Dimentagon

Dimentagon Rock Star

OK, it's a bit off-topic but this is why I deleted Nexus.

No, my dedicated Topic would be, "I looked through a high-cost Rompler and could find nothing but generic, predictable preset sounds" I guess you could start a fan club for Nexus and name yourself President Preset where every song genre and sound is determined by ReFx.

I owned the early incarnations of Nexus and it was promising however, it's become a tedious bore.
    Nexus turned into a cash cow to sell packs, that's the bottom line. Even as building blocks the sounds don't sit in a mix without reprocessing and determine direction rather than inspire it. Pretty Bog standard stuff, nothing amazing or innovative. It's budget meat and potatoes at best for those with a very plain pallete. Wonder why there is an endless void of tracks that sound the same? Look no further than Rompler mines like Nexus.

Lo-Fi", a few lines on a Rhodes put through a filter, and some smashed drums, yeah Nah.
    Why would you fill a hard drive with that crap when you could use Kontakt with endless resampling possibilities and flexibility? I guess Nexus has its place for people not interested in sound design, I'm not one of them.
    So to be clear, the reason I deleted a poorly designed, uninspiring, and frankly underwhelming Rompler is the lack of versatility.

I guess you already know all this because you're "deleting unwanted nexus libraries". There are tons of way better options out there.