Remove mics from Kontakt library - Missing samples [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by rollerball, Sep 22, 2020.

1. rollerball

rollerball Platinum Record

Hello everyone!

So I was trying to make a Lite Version of a Kontakt library by removing a few mic positions. Using inNKX, I extracted all the samples, and have managed to remove the samples I didn't need. I looked around the forum and found a few threads, but I'm facing a problem in this step:

When I try to resave the patches, I'm facing these problems:
    1. When I try to save using the "Patch Only" option, the patch gets saved but the next time it's loaded, it says that samples are missing. I can choose the "Ignore this time" option, but it just asks for the missing samples the next time it's loaded.
    2. When I try to save using the "Patch + Samples" option, it starts writing writing the samples to the destination folder, until the missing samples are encountered. After that it gives me the following error and the patch isn't saved.
    [​IMG]

So is there any way not have Kontakt searching for the missing samples and save the patches without these samples? I'm using Kontakt 6.3.2 Portable if it helps.

Attached Files:

3. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

I don't have the answer but I'm invoking @r4e . :beg:

4. rollerball

So I did some digging around and I found this:

SCR23092020_0909.PNG

It makes sense, as I felt that I remembered seeing a "Skip missing" button sometime earlier, but couldn't find it in my version of Kontakt. Now there's only an "Ignore this time" button.
    I'll try to find an older version and see if it works.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  5. rollerball

Best Answer
    It seems like I'm talking to myself here. :rofl:

But I did some experimentation, and what I remembered turned out to be correct – older versions of Kontakt allowed missing samples to be removed, but newer ones do not.

When there are missing samples in a patch and it's opened in Kontakt v6.1.1 or earlier, it shows these options:

kontakt_old.PNG

Clicking on "Skip Missing" makes the patch not only load without the missing samples, but it also removes the references to these missing samples from the patch. If you save the patch like this, it doesn't warn about the missing samples the next time it's loaded.

However, in newer versions of Kontakt, namely v6.2.0 and newer, a patch with missing samples brings up this:

kontakt_new.PNG

Clicking on "Ignore this time" does allow the patch to be loaded without the missing samples, but Kontakt keeps the references intact. It does allow saving the patch only and batch resaves, but it still warns about the missing samples the next time it's loaded. However, it doesn't allow saving the patch with the "Patch + Samples" option and shows the error below.

So, if you want to make Lite Versions, use Kontakt v6.1.1 or earlier! :wink:
    But it also means that at some point in the future, no more Lite Versions can be made :(