Remove "AUHostingCompatibilityService" password check when opening Kontakt in Logic Pro

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by samuel583, Jan 16, 2022.

1. samuel583

samuel583 Ultrasonic

Every time I open Kontakt in Logic, or a project with Kontakt in it, I have to enter my password because "AUHostingCompatibilityService" wants to make changes. How can I set this prompt to automatically validate? Is this something that can be solved by codesigning? Cheers guys

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

use OSX Validate All AU's.app to force validation. https://macdownload.informer.com/osx-validate-all-aus/

Codesign it properly. it can't hurt anything. I will send you a link to my Mega drive with Codesigner app via pm.

These two things can apply to all Mac releases, but I cannot say either will fix your current scenario. Neither can cause any additional problems though :)

4. samuel583

samuel583 Ultrasonic

Hi mate, I really appreciate the response but unfortunately it didn't fix the issue. I'd say your solution would be perfect if Kontakt was failing to validate, so for anyone having issues with validation please refer to clone's comment.

5. samuel583

samuel583 Ultrasonic

To clarify, here is an image of what I'm seeing. [​IMG]
    Strangely enough, Kontakt still opens and operates normally regardless of whether I enter my password or cancel the prompt. I'd just rather not have to deal with the prompt every time I open a session.

6. Alchemy

Alchemy Kapellmeister

Best Answer
    You are running Logic or Kontakt in native mode when Kontakt is not supporting native mode. That’s why the compatibility check appears. You have to run in Rosetta mode.(Try this first with Kontakt app, then on the Logic app. Compatibility prompt will not run when app is running through Rosetta.). Here’s how:

1. Find the app in your Applications folder.
    2. Select the app, and then press Command-I (or right-click/use the File menu and select Get Info.). This will open an Info window with details about the app.
    3. In the Info window, look for a checkbox labeled, “Open using Rosetta”. Check the box.
    4. Close the Info window.
    5. If you’re already running the app, quit and relaunch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. samuel583

samuel583 Ultrasonic

Awesome, your solution solved the issue! I'd just like to add an extra step for anyone finding this thread in future: once you've opened Kontakt while Logic is running under Rosetta, close Logic and untick the "Open using Rosetta" box. Now you'll be able to run Logic in native mode, but Kontakt will no longer trigger the AUHostingCompatibilityService prompt.

Thank you Alchemy, legend!