Remix for Beatport Contest

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Torture, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Torture

Torture Newbie

Hey,
    I just uploaded my take on the song "Rattle" by the Bingo Players.
    There were free stems and I really liked the original so why not take a shot at this?!
    The arrangement is actually a little more commercial and I think I haven`t destroyed the flow of the original, but added some bass and variation.

Sure, I post this because I hope a lot of you will like it and vote for me in the contest between February 7th and February 22nd.

...but as usual my main motive of posting my stuff is to get some kind of feedback and opinions. Cause in the end I´m doing this for me and the guys, who really like my tracks...

So... here`s the link to the Beatport Play site, where you can listen to the song and hopefully vote for it starting at tuesday:

http://play.beatport.com/contests/bingo-players-rattle/4f2e9b67753a0d73ef000c09

And here`s the link to the song on my soundcloud page, so you`re able to listen to it directly:

http://soundcloud.com/towa22/bingo-players-rattle-towa22

Please listen to the whole thing and leave some comments. Good or bad!

Cheers.

3. remix

remix Platinum Record

not a bad effort at all mate...

i will say though, that you need to make the whole thing seamless...ive noticed that a lot of electro/progressive house seem to produce in sections and i think that reflects in the tracks, just a selection of segments pieced together rather than one cohesive musical piece...

one more thing...i think the original track is quite poor, just another generic slice of average electro house. I personally would have added a lot more of my own character on it rather than just re-edit the original...its a competition...stand out!

look at Madeons remix of "raise your Weapon"...its so obvious why he won that competition...i must have heard 100 variations or the original yet his seemed the only one that actually tried to make something different to the original..

IMHO

4. Torture

Torture Newbie

Thanks for your opinion.
    You`re quite right about making tracks seamless. Its something that often bothers me, but it can be hard to accomplish, when you`re producing in a loop based environment. For this one I wanted to go for this commercial type of arrangement and actually tried to put things into certain parts. Without really validating, if this is good or bad over all...

Madeon is without question a genius when it comes to producing remixes. He's got a very unique style and knows how to bring his own style into the mix.
    I actually made this one the way I wanted to and I am quite happy with it. Maybe it doesn't stand out that much, wich is probably really the recipe for winning those contests. But it is the way I thought it would fit well with the mix, without destroying to much of the original.

But thanks a lot. I will keep that in mind for future remixes. I might even give Chuckie a try... and care a lot more about making it my own than preserving the original!

5. remix

remix Platinum Record

cool man...

i read an interview with Porter Robinson and he said that he literally starts at the beginning of the tune and works until the end. As simple as that is, i know from my own experience how surprisingly hard that is but since doing that, my music has become a lot more cohesive and less loop sounding even though i use loads of loops and samples.

Peace

6. Torture

Torture Newbie

Voting Phase has begun! Not that I see a chance to get anywhere near the top of the voting list, but maybe I´ll get a few more people to listen, if I have more votes.
    So, if you like the song please vote for me.

Bingo Players - Rattle (Towa22 remix) Voting!