Remake ES2 lead in other vst synth

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Bennern, Jan 7, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Bennern

Bennern Newbie

Hello all I'd very much appreciate if someone could translate this patch for me in Virus TI, Sylenth or Serum :thumbsup:
    I want a sweet top synth that I found from a masterclass but the ES2 is very greek to me. FM from what? And how is it synced, maybe triangle oscillator but is it even enabled?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

From the structure i never came around to anything close to the ES2.

Soundwise the usual suspects should work: Spire, Sylenth1, Osirus (Virus B or C), Ti, Zebra2, you know which ones. just fiddle around till you get it.

ES2 is one of the synths i would like to have as plugin for use on windows.

4. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

The "sync" sound is not actually sync but distortion, you can see it on the top right part of the plugin. There's some filter drive too but i'm pretty confident it's moslty the distortion (because i've done something similar before).

Seems like a pretty straightforward patch. copying into something like serum shouldn't be that hard, but getting the distortion right could be a bit more trial and error.

5. Bennern

Bennern Newbie

This is what it sounds like for me atm. What I think is that perhaps their lead sound has the sine distorted- turning into a square. Then another square without distortion is added to give the sound more harmonics, but I can't really do that with serum, can I?

6. insaner

insaner Ultrasonic

It's hard to recreate ES2 stuff, but you can get close results with certain sounds.
    Like ArticStorm says, we need ES2 on windowz.
    I did recreated a few layers from the NC tut in Sylenth, but still not enough for my taste.
    NC = only hardstyle lovers understand ^^

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

I couldn't open the video at first. I made the patch in ES2 so that you may see the parameters they have in the video more clearly. I copied it as closely as I could without going through the video.

[​IMG]

8. Bennern

Bennern Newbie

Sweet, thanks! Do you think you could record a little video where you show what it sounds like when you play a note and you increase the FM on onscillator 1 to where it is in the video? like 20% or so

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

nope. you'll have to ballpark some of it anyway. I got it as close as possible with the playback I could see.