Reliable Software Crackers

Discussion in 'Software' started by King Dr3ad, Aug 15, 2021.

1. King Dr3ad

King Dr3ad Newbie

Hi, I was just wondering if there is a list of reliable crackers of software. I am in a position where I cannot risk any viruses on my system, but would still like to obtain some plugins I cannot afford. I do plan on supporting the original developers as soon as I can, but currently am not in a position to do so. I do know how to remove malware from pdf, audio files, text files, etc. on an unsecured system, but do not know how to do so when downloading a dmg (on macOS), because I cannot really see what it is modifying. I also do not get the option to install for just this user. Maybe I just need to update? However, this in turn poses a big threat to my whole system. I have used some crackers in the past with no problems, but recently had a cyber attack which I am still recovering from. Also, commercial anti-viruses really don't work (at least on mac), are a waste of $ (imo), and come with a myriad of threats themselves. Thank you!

PS: The only workaround I can think of is separate partitions if no software is 100% safe.

3. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Best Answer
    yeah it is not 100% safe, i just lost 100million USD through ransomware for my stupid mistake of installing cracked fabfilter plugins i downloaded from some FREEKONTAKT website. Thank god that was just quarter of my weekly income. If only there's a safe place to get cracked plugin (to test, of course) where the members/mods are actively checking the content and sharing anything suspicious about those plugins and discuss about it in the comment section (while actively requesting new stuff).

to answer your question, maybe UPAWG dot CA got something for you to see ?

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. kh_minusone

kh_minusone Guest

+1 for upawgdotca and the other site that Stevie is referring to. Lovely site.
    This probably wouldn't help. Think about it: the data is still on the same physical drive. Even if the partition isn't mounted, anything could happen to its files if you get a particularly nasty malware.

A VM could help, but malware nowadays is smart enough to detect if you're running a VM and remain dormant. Or so I've heard.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. King Dr3ad

King Dr3ad Newbie

Thanks! I do own a lot of vst's, like Serum, but yeah I get your point. And damn dude 400million a week why do you even need to crack fabfilter LOL. If I had that income I'd have all the hardware like Joel :p

6. King Dr3ad

King Dr3ad Newbie

Not sure I'll check it out. I don't believe so unless the "hacker" was able to gain root access, which setting a firmware password on a mac prevents this. I was more wondering if there's a way to log what a dmg is downloading, so you know if it's touching a file it's not supposed to. I'll probably lock this and look into it more on my own and thank both of you!

7. Talula

Talula Rock Star

dmg modifying? O_o

dmg - is a disc image, you can extract all files from dmg with keka or using other tools without mounting.

update what?

8. Dimentagon

Dimentagon Rock Star

Reliable Wares?

If you can't afford to lose data files don't use wares.
    If you can't afford the software don't use wares
    If you can't fix broken software don't use wares
    Like there is no guarantee you will support the developers there's no guarantee of wares support

A better solution is a separate computer not connected to the net (like my systems)

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  9. droplet

droplet Rock Star

try Craig's List.

I found Biden's nuclear codes, cracked , of course.

10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Congratulations @Dimentagon, exemplary and safe!

11. droplet

droplet Rock Star

I use 2 win10s in the same computer. only one for AZ, one for reaper.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Very smart good idea, bravo @droplet!

Always take into account that you too can be infected and that you suffer file losses.
    Back up your important files outside of your PC. Make a full backup of your hard drive C: /.

13. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

... don't have any data. No computer is safe from losing data.

... you have to use warez.

... you are not a programmer.

Can you fix broken software, Dimentagon? I can't.

On principle a good idea, but this doesn't protect you at all from accidentally installing malware, right?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. King Dr3ad

King Dr3ad Newbie

Was talking about my OS, but yeah I didn't know about KEKA, will be extremely helpful in my case. Viruses can hide themselves in files on the system that are required for the OS to operate. So "modifying" would mean executing offline (aka downloading the malware), then replacing corrupted files with a "backed up "clean" file.

15. Talula

Talula Rock Star

ok, I understand this...

but what does the dmg files have to do with it? they are opened (mounted as a disk) by a system application. how can this modify (change) system files?

16. boomoperator

boomoperator Rock Star

17. King Dr3ad

King Dr3ad Newbie

Facts. Anyone who hasn't done this already should, but this can't really help if your system had already been compromised. Also UPAWG dot CA is dope :). Thanks everyone for your help!

18. King Dr3ad

King Dr3ad Newbie

Anything connected to the internet can change system files and install stuff on your system without your knowledge if you're not behind the proper protection. Hence if a dmg file is compromised, just mounting it can install malware; same thing with an external ssd/hard drive. As well as malicious websites. There are a lot of work arounds but not going to get into it :). Thanks everyone again!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  19. clone

clone Audiosexual

you may notice that r2r/retsu both typically mention in any nfo files when there has had to be any modification to the original binaries.

20. Dimentagon

Dimentagon Rock Star

My production Mac M1 Mini BigSur machine and i7 Win10 Audiogridder server are never connected to the Net. All working software is tested and backed up with images.

Yes
    Maybe
    No
    Yes
    Yes
    Wrong

21. Talula

Talula Rock Star

no one hacks a device just like that. you are not a bank, you are not a millionaire, you do not keep state secrets, etc. why waste so much time and energy on you?

you check dmg with any hex editor for modified code and scripts inside it.
    macOS is not a windows with stupid autorun script support. mounting external drive don't running any commands. stop posting bullshit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List