Releasing music on Soundcloud/Youtube

Discussion in 'Education' started by Off The Record, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Off The Record

Off The Record Member

Some reality run by narcissists unfortunatley
    Hey all,

Hope everyone is doing well :)

I'm interested to know the deal with putting songs on soundcloud and youtube when you have created music with samples and VSTs from Audioz?

Soundcloud states:

Copyright Checklist

Copyright is complicated. If you have any doubt regarding the extent of your rights in any sounds, you should consult with a suitably qualified lawyer before uploading anything to SoundCloud or making any claims or counter-claims regarding your rights. However, as a general guide, here are some of the issues you might want to consider before uploading anything to SoundCloud:

For music uploads:

Can you answer “yes” to all of the following questions?

Did you compose the music yourself?
    Did you write the lyrics yourself?
    Did you record and produce the track yourself or do you have permission from the producer or record label that made the
    recording?
    Do you have written permission from all copyright owners to use any samples contained in the track?

so what if you answer all yes but no the last one?
    so is all the music we make with these useless or can we actually post them up?

Thanks guys :mates:

3. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

As long as you're not using a vocal/melody loop from a loops sample pack which can be easely recognized, then there's no problem. If you make your own compositions you also tweak the sounds to fit together in the mix so even if you use kick samples for example, they'll get processed anyway so i'm sure these guys aren't aliens with ultra-advanced technology equippment to detect if that particular kick u used is one from their samples pack. Usually a label is not interested by what tools his artist used to make that song, but how it sounds. If it sounds good and original then you're good to go. Imitation and plagiarism are worse things you should worry about than the tools you use. :thumbsup:

4. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Personally, I don't worry about copyright, and I'd suggest you shouldn't either unless you plan to make money from your music that is, then it's a whole different ball game,

Think of yourself as a white label artist, just get it out there and worry about any copyright issues later

The only copyright issues I'd have on YT or SC would be if i done a cover version of a song, or the video footage I collect from youtube to use in my own videos

My advice...get it out there, and worry about it later

5. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

As long as he starts making money with it, he will be able to afford the tools he use then. Take a look at that kid Martin Glareix :rofl: , he had a Team Air Fl Studio Version and also he used Vandalism Presets for Sylenth, whom i guess he downloaded them from Audioz :rofl: and he also might be a lurker on this forum too :rofl: Glaaarixx you filthy animal!!! :rofl:

6. remix

remix Platinum Record

100% agree...

dont worry about copyright...if you make it big and get sued you will have to give up some of your huge fortune...no big deal

I used a picture from google images once for one of my websites, i got all sorts of emails stuff from the copyright holders lawyers in the states saying i was gonna be sued blah blah...i said gone on then...that was 3 years ago. Heard nothing since...

7. fuad

fuad Producer

hahahahah

Yeah but seriously, with one shot samples, you're all good to go no matter what, loops that can be recognized and other things like that...why would you want to use those anyway right?

I mean if you can afford it then by all means buy all the sample packs, but there's no way anybody is going to know which sample pack your hi hat came from, and the companies that make the sample packs are going to put the copyright warnings on their products because of course they need to make money and want you to buy their stuff.