Releasing audio device in background issue

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Niruvana, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

When I used Studio One 3.5, there was no problem. I was able to switch between any apps freely. Since I updated Studio One 4, it has constantly made the problems.

For example, I pulled up a browser and was playing a Youtube video while I worked on Studio One 4. I had to open the Audio Setup in Options menu and had to click the apply or ok button to release the audio in the background. Every time I switch between Studio One and the background audio, I have to do the process above. It's really bothering me.

Does everybody have the same issue or I miss something? I use ASIO4ALL.

Another question.
    How do I scroll horizontally with keyboard, but not mouse?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

You need to disable the "exclusive mode" in your system.

1. Right clickon the speaker icon that appears in system trayonthe Windows task bar. It is on bottom right, near the clock.
    2. Select your playback device and click properties.
    3. Choose the Advance tab and uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"
    4. Click "apply" and "ok"
    5. Do same for recording device.
    6. It may be necessary to reboot for changes to take effect.

Ctrl + Arrow keys

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  4. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

Thanks, but I tried it when I found a thread at the Presonus forum, but it makes mute the sound.

It works! Thank you!

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Best Answer
    You don't need to do the above each time. Whatever options you check or uncheck, they are supposed to remain that way. If any of them changes that means that you have a faulty Studio One or have installed a program that is taking control of your audio settings and overriding your input. What audio interface are you currently using? Besides ASIO4All what other ASIO drivers or audio enhancers do you have installed?

6. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

My audio interface is Beringer UMC22. I installed only Asio4All, but nothing else. Should I need others?

7. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

You dont need others. In fact, if the UMC22 has its own drivers and they work well i would not even have ASIO4All installed or any other drivers like Realtek etc., Can you send a screenshot of your Device Manager?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  8. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I guess the OP has left the arena. Oh well...:dunno:

9. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

I just decided to sell the audio interface and will get a new one. Hope it will solve the issue.

10. jefft

jefft Producer

Hi. The UCM22 comes with ASIO4all as the recommended driver for Windows by Behringer, but as I found, you can use some of the older Behringer drivers which work far better. I owned one for a short while, if you do some research you can find the drivers, they worked fine with Studio One 4 and win 10. It was about a year ago that I sold my UCM22, so I forget where and how I came to find and use these. But they did work. Hope this helps.

11. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Attached Files:

12. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@Niruvana What you need to do is remove every other sound driver you have and just leave the one that you use with your UCM22 whether it is the ASIO4All or 2902. I have never been a fan of ASIO4All but that is another story. Also if you have fallen for one of those apps that are said to "emhance" your audio experience or others like CHEVolume remove those,too.

13. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

indeed
    but i wonder that he could play multiple audio sources with asio 4 all in s3.5...

14. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Exactly, that is why I told himethat either the installation of Studio One was faulty or he or she installed an app , knowingly or unknowingly, that is interfering with the audio set up. All problems aside, if using your DAW being off the internet is a good idea. Im not talking about your vsts calling home. You should turn off your wifi and ethernet card as well as your firewall in order to improve performance when working with your DAW.

15. Niruvana

Niruvana Kapellmeister

I really appreciate your help, but I already sold it. It has had several issues even though I installed the right driver you uploaded. I am gonna go with Presonus Audiobox USB 96. Clicked the purchased button and it is on the way. Hope it works better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List