Relab LX480 Presets [Solved]

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ayahuasca, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca Rock Star

Is the LX480 meant to come with any presets as I cant find any in the latest R2R release?

I noticed they have some preset demos posted on Soundcloud, im pretty sure these are supposed to come with the plugin?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. darknight

darknight Ultrasonic

Best Answer
    Down below the UI is the preset browser hidden in plain site.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca Rock Star

Ah damn man, how the hell did I miss that :rofl:

Thanks!

5. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

Please, mark darknight comment as best answer and your post as solved, so you help other members.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca Rock Star

Done the first part, how do I go about setting the post as solved :unsure:

7. tori

tori Platinum Record

This plugin has a really weird preset management. It looks like the presets should be on the top, but they are far down below.... Who the hell designs these (very expensive) plugins like this? It seems like a really bad joke.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca Rock Star

Thats what caught me out, I was trying to load the presets from the top :rofl: worst design ever

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

I now know the reverb that is on my 24 track tapes from years ago I too had trouble finding the presets
    im old but Lexicon keeps coming to mind as I saw a unit on the desk by side the engineer
    I did not know much back then and Still dont haha always learning

10. Slapdash

Slapdash Kapellmeister

In the older (AU) release of Relab (VST only) the presets were loaded in from one of the white buttons in the middle... then they moved it down the bottom (and added a proper preset browser!! which is MUCH better than the older versions)

In the old versions... as it opens up folders with directories in a real old fashioned way, us old-time users used to organise them better OR drag all the presets out of the seperate directories so we could scroll through them *ALL* without having to keep loading up/clicking a folder/blah blah... basically drag ALL presets into the top level.. delete all the (now empty) folders. Makes it much easier unless you're a stickler for categories (and tbh with the LX480 you'll end up using a handful at most of plates/rooms/halls... and tweak them yourself then SAVE them to the DAW's top menu like any plug in)... and in case you didn't realise, you can also do that (takes some time but load each one up - resave it to your DAW's preset menu with same name.. never bother with the 'load' button again!). Always a way round this mundane stuff if you think!

Anyway, in this newer version they now have a proper preset browser so the above isn't as essential anymore but it may be preferred for some still vs the bottom menu.

Anyway, it's a great 'verb, still my favourite overall ITB verb and thanks R2R for this bug fixed modern version that is actually AAX also (had to stop using it in PT12.5 cos transvst would crash with it and bluecats was too annoying to use - same with soundtoys :(..... )

11. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I believe you can do it by editing the title, usually they say some form of "solved".
    I searched and the exact style does vary, so it seems that is the way, and the most common might be in brackets at the end of the title, like: [Solved]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca Rock Star

13. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

Add [SOLVED] at the end of the title