Reinstall .iso kontakts without .iso??

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by T2000, Mar 3, 2021.

1. T2000

T2000 Ultrasonic

Hi folks

I have a bunch of large kontakt iso files

If I install them and then delete the iso files to save space..

... IF I needed to reinstall windows, all of these installed entries (main kontakt lib files kept separately) would be wiped

So a question..
    Is there a way to keep all of the files that get installed from a kontakt iso installer?
    Or is the only way to keep the iso?

I prefer kontakt folders that sit independently and can be used on any p, vs the iso installed ones that need a whole bunch of small files installed, such as jpgs etc

I hope that makes sense
    Thanks

T

3. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

you can keep the graphic parts to show the thumbmails in KKontrol or Maschine.
    user/public/documents/NI Resources
    program files/common files/Native Instruments

from kontakt only you don't need it, the graphic data are extracted from the nicnt now.
    your program data folder will be smaller without all these installers msi backup.
    it can take 2Go less.

4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

You normally can. You Install the lib and then freely move, backup, etc the lib folder (don't resave instruments without making a backup copy).
    The only problem I know of is a handful of libs that install some GUI images and stuff in a NI/Kontakt folder (that is, outside the lib folder).
    Usually these ones have a small installer that do that. So my advice is to keep the installer (an executable: exe, msi).

That's for Windows I don't know on Mac

5. T2000

T2000 Ultrasonic

Thanks folks.
    I am just opening an 89gb iso now. I would rather have that beast as just a useable folder for multiple pcs