Reggae Song with Swing!?! Sweggae?

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Peppercorn, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Peppercorn

Peppercorn Newbie

Hi everyone! This is a new original song from the Marshall Kenyon Band

It is a Reggae song but with some swing thrown in for good measure. We'd love to hear what you think!?

Link is here

http://snd.sc/XVSyBO

3. Devlin

Devlin Newbie

Dont see a reggae song on the link. Only a big wav of 40 minutes with all your fav songs you posted a while ago.

4. Peppercorn

Peppercorn Newbie

Just try the 1st song!!

It is a new song and it is Reggae with some swing bits!

5. Devlin

Devlin Newbie

Listen to most of your songs. The first song is just a regular reggae song. Nothing special. Production wise, it can be better. The singer is probably you?

Like your harder rockier songs (show me woman?). Your soft voice curls my toes in my shoes. It is like a little boy who is a man tries to sing. But i can hardly stand James Blunt anyway. Dunno if it is your type of music or what you want to accomplish.

Next time, just a post of only the song should be nice. If you want people to hear your music, soundcloud is an excellent way. If you want comments about your music, productional wise or critics, you are here at the right address. Just like your last post, it isnt clear to me what you really want in here.

:wink:

6. Peppercorn

Peppercorn Newbie

Well, I think you pretty much accomplished every thing I was after! If you go to a link and hear the 1st song than you have heard the song I linked! Then, IF you like the song, you can listen to more songs, that is your choice.
    I cannot see what the big fuckin deal is. When the 1st song ends it ends! It is pretty obvious to MOST people that the songs ends when it ends!

AND what is maybe NOT special but DIFFERENT to most Reggae songs is, that there are 3 x 8 bar parts where the bass guitar goes into a swing style playing instead of Reggae!
    If you cannot hear that you don't have the musical nous to even be commenting on the song in my opinion!

7. Devlin

Devlin Newbie

Thanks for your reply.

First, i listen to all your songs in your previous topic. When i clicked on this topic, i saw you did the same. So up to you if you accomplished something. And your other FAV list with songs was a better selectoin in my opinion.

Second, i didnt noticed the 3x8 bar parts. Because i listened to the song as an audience member. Not as a producer/ songwriter because your songs are a total different way of producing than my EDM stuff.

So clicked on your song, hear a for me a regular reggae song with a twist i dont like as a listener. I know most of the Bob Marley CDs by heart. All of them, live and related artists. So im pretty common with reggae.

If i hear just a regular maybe different reggae song, that has not my attention why it must be different, im not gonna find out the 3x8 bar parts.

Or like this: If i let you hear my EDM stuff, you say that you think it is nothing special and i will comment about the special SAW tooth synth i used, whiched is not regular in EDM and then 'complain' about your comment, that you are not hear the special SAW tooth synth so you has no musical nouse:

it. doesnt. make. any. sense.

If i want that saw tooth synth be extra special in my regular EDM stuff, i will make it special and noticable.

:wink:

8. Peppercorn

Peppercorn Newbie

I apologise for my comments but your attitude seemed to invite it but now I realise it was probably just your English!

I apologise!

I also realise now that if you listen to that song without headphones and just through laptop speakers, or speakers with no bass response you don't hear the bass swing bit.

Touchy?? Yea, maybe I am a bit! But it's that bloody Irish, Italian blood I have swathing through my veins as well as being brought up in one of the roughest areas of Australia!!

9. Devlin

Devlin Newbie

Hahhaha, it is a combi of attitude and some bad English grammar. lol. So it's okay, my apologise too! :wink:

btw, I listened the song on a system not as you describe it.