reFX Nexus v3 and v4 (Mac/WiN) workarounds, fixes, crashes, etc

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by ArticStorm, Mar 25, 2021.

1. verwest

verwest Ultrasonic

Ichos iw
    Yes, after downloading that bank, the problem was solved
    But refx should pay attention to this position, maybe someone like me doesn't have Dance 2 bank
    In fact, someone comes and buys a sound bank, but several presets do not work, and he has to go and buy another sound bank so that the first presets work.
    Starting a good business :snuffy:
    Of course, I know we receive it here for free

2. verwest

verwest Ultrasonic

I downloaded that file through torrent, the whole folder was 796 MB
    It is not mandatory to download all those files, you can download them individually, they will work for you

3. Ichos

Ichos Producer

Yes, you can download any individual libraries which you may need to make your particular presets work.

4. Ambar

Ambar Producer

Hi, how do I update my Nexus 3.4.4 to the latest Nexus 4.x.x? Just overwrite? Thanks for any answer :wink:

5. Ichos

Ichos Producer

Yes you can install Nexus 4.x.x by overwriting over Nexus 3.4.4 as the Samples, Preset and NKS files are all the same and only the old Nexus 3.x.x system files will be overwritten during installation of Nexus 4.x.x

But I would suggest you to go for a clean installation if you are installing Nexus v4.x.x

For this you don't need to uninstall/reinstall the libraries.(i.e Samples, Presets, and NKS).
    Just only the Plugin and system files...

Here are the steps...

Clean installation Method

1. Move all Nexus 3 ‘Samples’ 'Presets' and 'NKS' Folder (Containing all the xpansion soundsources) to a Backup Drive or to another safe location.

2. Uninstall Nexus 3

3. Clean any leftover files (DON’T DELETE THE ‘Nexus BACK UP’ FILES.).

4. Install Nexus 4.

5. Install Factory Rom 3 & 4 Expansions. (Place all content inside your ‘NEXUS library’ folder)

6. Use Set Library exe to Set Location

7. Start Nexus 4 and Play for Confirmation

8. Close DAW.

9. Copy and Paste old Nexus 3 Back Up content (i.e the Samples, Presets and NKS folders) to the new ‘NEXUS library’ folder and merge them.

10. Load Nexus (If XPs don’t show up immediately, just wait a few seconds )

11. Test sounds, everything should be working properly now.
    Hope that helps.... :dj:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Ambar

Ambar Producer

Thanks a lot! It worked fine :thumbsup:

7. Dejanco

Dejanco Ultrasonic

I have problem with Christmas 2019-2022 not work this exp.. Downloaded again but same problem.

chr 2022.png

chr 2019.png chr 2020.png chr 2021.png

8. iw

iw Producer

9. Dejanco

Dejanco Ultrasonic

I will download the entire content 197GB again and try it..

10. iw

iw Producer

All content so far is 227 GB. :)

11. Dejanco

Dejanco Ultrasonic

That big file is 197 and I downloaded the rest separately and copied them into the content.

12. Jayster

Jayster Kapellmeister

Seems this is due to the protections ... Crack is not 100% proper

13. iw

iw Producer

You are missing some Christmases xp's :winker:

14. Dejanco

Dejanco Ultrasonic

I downloaded again all Christmases exp.

15. iw

iw Producer

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      18.8 KB
      Views:
  16. Dejanco

Dejanco Ultrasonic

Don't have 2013 - 2018. Downloading today and trying.

Edit : I downloaded all xmas again and again the christmas 2019-2022 expansion doesn't work

Edit 2 : I recopied only Samples Xmas, And now everything works as it should :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
  17. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

Hello everybody,

i installed the 4.5.4 rev 3 on my win 7 machine. when I tried to open the update_nexus_library_location.exe I got an error for missing file „api-ms-win-core-path-I1-1-0.DLL. Had a similar thing going on a few days ago when I tried to install k7… after I found out k7 doesn’t support win7 I installed 6.7 and it installed just fine. So I thought maybe these files don’t exist on win7 but now I looked here and saw nexus 4 does work on w7…

anyways…. I was able to do it manually by editing the .json file.

the main problem is when I open it in fl studio, the gui doesn’t respond. I can select presets blindly but no matter which parameter I change, or if I scroll through the presets, I get no visual feedback. I need to close and open the vst to see the changes.

Any ideas?

18. Ichos

Ichos Producer

Most api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll errors are related to missing or corrupt api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll files.

More specifically, these api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll errors can be caused by:

• Invalid or corrupt api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll registry entry.
    • Virus or malware infection which has corrupted the api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll file.
    • Hardware failure, such as a bad hard drive, which has corrupted the api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll file.
    • Another program overwrote the required version of api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll.
    • Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted the api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll file.
    • Another program uninstalled the api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll file.
    So my guess would be this has something to do with Microsoft C++ Runtime rather than WINDOWS Version. Try to download and install the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows from Microsoft.

19. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

thank you very much for your reply.

I read about this too, but my machine is completely offline. So I would have no idea how I could have installed malicious software because I really keep an eye on where my software comes from. But of course I can’t rule that out 100%. I’d be very surprised… I tried to find that .dll in the windows folder, found no entry… same for 1-1-1 which was the one missing when I tried to install Kontakt.

I thought about c++ runtime too, I’ll download and install and reply if that did the trick for me. Thank you so far

EDIT: ok tried to make the update for universal c runtime. Getting prompt that I already have the newest version installed. Also updated c++ runtime.. no change. I ran malwarebytes, found 0 threats. I connected internet and ran the most important updates. 5 were installed, 2 weren’t because it’s telling me my processor is not compatible… btw it’s an i7 7700k.
    I opened Nexus… still gui doesn’t respond plus it didn’t show any content. Went back to the json file, still pointed to the right path. Uninstalled with revo, reinstalled. Sometimes it shows the content, sometimes doesn’t but the problem with the gui remains the same. I‘m about to give up for now

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  20. Ichos

Ichos Producer

I am presently still running Nexus 3 on an Intel core 2 duo WiN 7 machine with FL Studio. I once installed the first Nexus 4 version from sister site for trial. It installed fine and works too but lags too much, may be due to my old PC. Moreover the GUI always reverts back to smallest size everytime I reopen the VST, so reverted to Nexus 3. So technically your i7 7700k on win 7 should run Nexus 4 just fine.

It sometime happens while installing/uninstaling some cracks that may change some system files though not malwares/virus, but can be categorised as curruption.

So the best advice I can give you is you can go for a clean installation as a last try.
    1. Move all the Nexus 4 expansion folders(i.e samples, NKS and presets folder) to a safe location/drive(to avoid reinstalling all the expansions).

2. Uninstall old nexus Plugin. Clean registry. ( Be careful don't delete the Expansion back up)

3. Uninstall old runtime files.

4. Reinstall latest Microsoft visual C+runtime (I believe 2015-2022) update it to latest version. You don't need to go online. You can download these files/updates from website even on phones and install if you are keen on keeping your PC offline.

5. Reinstall Nexus 4. If it installs without any difficulties then I guess you will have your problem solved. BTW the latest Nexus 4.5.13 by VR is quite stable. It also solved the authorisation problems in earlier 4.x.x versions.

Hope it helps