reFX Nexus v3 and v4 (Mac/WiN) workarounds, fixes, crashes, etc

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by ArticStorm, Mar 25, 2021.

1. John Thomas

John Thomas Ultrasonic

Here are over 30,000 presets for Nexus 2.2 (the cracked version), you will need all the expansions that were cracked with it, I think, to make all of these work: (see the Google Drive link in the video)

2. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Tried to use these in version 3 via the unblocking the 147.75.71.186 and still getting Nexus 3 cannot connect to the cloud service.

Any Idea. They work in Nexus version 2.

3. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

Would anyone be kind enough to tell me how to get Nexus 2 presets working with Nexus 3? My Nexus 2 presets both show up and load in Nexus 3 with no problem, yet I get no sound when trying to play any Nexus 2 presets. I have the 170 GB Nexus 3 content folder downloaded and the Nexus 3 presets all work with sound. The only thing I can think of is that I need the sound banks for Nexus 2 to get the presets working in 3, but I figured they would of been included or built upon with Nexus 3.

I feel like I might be missing something and 83 pages is a lot to scour through.

Thanks in advance.

4. John Thomas

John Thomas Ultrasonic

When I first downloaded the Nexus 3 crack the Nexus 2 presets I linked to above all worked fine, as I double clicked each preset Nexus 3 had to 'connect to the cloud' and then 'translate' the preset (presumably), but a few months ago that suddenly stopped working for me, so I have just used Nexus 2 separately from Nexus 3 (I am using FL Studio and it just sees them as two different VSTs, I'm not sure if this happening for everybody else.) The 30,000 presets you will find in the link on the Youtube video above are much more varied than the Nexus 3 expansions, i.e. there are loads of sounds which I have never heard anything like from any other VST before, probably not because they're impossible to make with other VSTs, but just because whoever made them thought outside the box. I would rather have Nexus 2.2 and the few (15 or so?) expansions that were cracked for it, with those 30,000 presets, than Nexus 3 with all the official expansions, but that's just my personal opinion.

5. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

So apparently it used to work, hmm. Come to think of it, I believe I had my Nexus 2 presets working for 3 back when it first was released. I wonder what is going on?

I just did a fresh install and I was trying to not have to re-install Nexus 2 to save a bit of space, albiet it's not the largest VSTi. Not to mention I hate bridging 32 bit plugins as they always end up having performance issues in one form or another. It would be much more productive to have all of the Nexus presets working in 3, but alas if it can't be done I guess I will have no choice. I will wait around and see what input others have before re-installing Nexus 2.

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Nexus 2 was Elicenser based, but since Steinberg dropped the dongle, so did reFX stopped providing converting v2 presets on the fly to Nexus v3.

The only way is to download the XPs again from v2, user made presets might have been shared on other places if you are lucky. Think you could save them unencrypted. Otherwise they are lost or you are caged with v2.

7. chefcoco

chefcoco Kapellmeister

anytime i install nexus 3 on my windows or mac, the soundbanks never load, it used to work on my older machines not anymore and i dont know why

8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Would be nice if you could tell more. Which DAW ? Which operating system? Do you have Library installed If so where?

2022-05-17_184016.jpg

9. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

Just to pick your brain a bit more, are you saying if I have the Nexus 2 XP's and add them to the Nexus 3 folder the presets should theoretically work?

10. iw

iw Producer

For me it still works with Windows 11, Cubase 12 you just have to put the dll in the exceptions of the antivirus program and block the ip. :headbang:

11. chefcoco

chefcoco Kapellmeister

not using a legit version by the way the crack.........fl studio

12. iw

iw Producer

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      463.5 KB
      Views:
  13. iw

iw Producer

I have so many presets that I will need 3 more lifetimes to test them. :guru::rofl:

14. ArticStorm

they wont work anymore, bcs the server for conversion was turned off.

Me personally do not care for old presets. I will only use the ROM ones and the ROM extensions, not any XPs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. Dejanco

Dejanco Ultrasonic

I don't do as much expansion as I did in the beginning. Is there a solution to this?

Attached Files:

16. iw

iw Producer

There are a lot of hits in XPs.

17. ArticStorm

I found out that i cant find any sounds if i have to much sounds. And the ROMs+ ROM Ext. covers all i need.

And if you install full Nexus 3 XPs you have to many sounds/presets, most of them are recreations, overused sounds or they are already to much layered to be layered again.

In particular i love the first ROMs single layered pads and tranceairwaves 1 & 2, i love layer them with other synth sources.

But i might have to figure out again how to install N3, since my N2 bridge broke i dont why :(

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  18. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

I use "Cakewalk - Sonar - Platinum v23.10.0.14" which bridget automatically 32 bit plugins,
    and "Synapse Audio - Orion 8 v8.6" the 32 bit version and only for 32 bit plugins.
    Then Nexus 2 runs with only 14.7 GB.

19. iw

iw Producer

I updated to Nexus 3, because Nexus 2 is not supported by Cubase 12. :)

20. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Nexus expansions became straight up ass since 1-2 years ago, and they weren't unique since like after the 2.2 cure. Polished? yeah, demos good. But, nowadays it seems they don't even care to put up a good demo song. The full package now costs 4599. Their DRM sucked ass so much that in the initial days of 4.0 release, automations could end up crashing the plugin or worse the DAW itself. Look at the amount of "fixes" in its changelog

"Improved stability and general bug-fixes.", they say:rofl: