reFX Nexus v3 and v4 (Mac/WiN) workarounds, fixes, crashes, etc

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by ArticStorm, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Mil111

Mil111 Noisemaker

Hey y'all, been having this issue with nexus 3 lately, I use the typing keyboard to piano keyboard feature on FL Studio so I can get myself some ideas for melodies and all that, but ocasionally, whenever I hold a note to play the instrument, the note suddenly plays twice after a few seconds and doesn't stop playing until i press the stop button or play the playlist... this same problem happens to other VST's too, but only if nexus 3 is present in that project, i've tried tons of different solutions and none of them seemed to help...

2. VLADES39

VLADES39 Member

This problem also appeared.Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

5. VLADES39

VLADES39 Member

6. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

O.K how about this:
    Plugin notes get stuck when using typing keyboard

Solution
    In some cases selecting "Don't allow stealing keyboard focus" in the Wrapper settings for your plugin might resolve the issue.

https://support.image-line.com/action/knowledgebase?ans=517

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Plugin notes get stuck when using typing keyboard

Solution
    In some cases selecting "Don't allow stealing keyboard focus" in the Wrapper settings for your plugin might resolve the issue.

https://support.image-line.com/action/knowledgebase?ans=517

8. Mil111

Mil111 Noisemaker

Yo! Thanks for answering! Unfortunately i've already tried both solutions and neither of them seemed to work, though changing the plugin from native to bridge seems to fix the issue from what i've seen
    Still though, I don't really like using bridged plugins that much because of how buggy they can be on my PC, so i'll see if i can find a solution for the native plugin and share it in here if i'm successful

9. VLADES39

VLADES39 Member

Yes, if you open FL 20 exactly (32 bits)
    Through Bridget, the nexus opens automatically.
    Note buttons do not stick.It works well!
    But the problem is, if you twist any handle in the plugin, then it no longer works from the keyboard. It is necessary to click on the top of the plugin again.Then it works from the keyboard. Not convenient.
    The focus doesn't help.
    Why did he start glitching through FL 20 (64 bit)? Although this has never happened before . I calmly played it on the 64-bit version of FL 20. Strange.

10. Mil111

Mil111 Noisemaker

Yes, my nexus also worked perfectly well on 64-bit until recently that problem seemed to pop up out of nowhere, really a bummer because Nexus is in tons of my projects and that issue really troubles my workflow, guess the only thing I can do now is wait for Nexus 4 to get cracked :bow:

11. Mil111

Mil111 Noisemaker

Yo! So i think i might have found a clue to where the fix of the issue lies... Turning off my wifi, completely restarting FL, and opening nexus seemed to have fixed the issue, but once my wifi is back on the issue comes back, so i think it might be because nexus is trying to connect to something related to wifi? maybe the cloud? so i think i'll have to block nexus's connection somehow, try turning off the wifi on your end, i think i'm onto something here..

12. VLADES39

VLADES39 Member

Yes, trouble! The fourth probably won't break soon. Have you tried running nexus on another sequencer? Maybe the problem is in Fl studio or in its Fl studio settings?

13. VLADES39

VLADES39 Member

Oh, I must try!

14. VLADES39

VLADES39 Member

Wow! It really works!!!))) I turned off Wi-Fi and the Internet completely! It turned out that the current problem is this))) Thanks! Yes, it looks like Nexus is climbing on some kind of service.

I would also like to find out where the nexus climbs, to what address, what would block access to the cloud through the host

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  15. Mil111

Mil111 Noisemaker

Yo, no problem! About where nexus is connecting to, im not too sure, there's a few IP addresses on the main post:

You should try and block these on windows firewall, though I blocked them on both inbound and outbound rules and they didn't work on my end, not sure if I did anything wrong...
    However, one solution that did work for me was blocking FL studio's acesss to the internet seemed to fix the issue, so you should try that out too, i'm sure there's some way to block the plugin itself to access the internet (maybe by blocking the dll? not too sure on this one)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  16. VLADES39

VLADES39 Member

Alas!Unfortunately, blocking Windows Firewall addresses didn't help me either. Apparently nexus is too smar )

17. Mil111

Mil111 Noisemaker

What about blocking fl studio and/or the nexus dll? you tried those? Blocking fl studio did find some success on my end..

18. lxfsn

lxfsn Platinum Record

You can use Netlimiter 4 Pro to block stuff on windows. Works at IP level, app level, in/out etc. Paired with hosts for domain names, is impossible for any app to pass through

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. VLADES39

VLADES39 Member

Fl studio, blocked from the internet- through the patch that came with it. But the nexus dll cannot be blocked

20. VLADES39

VLADES39 Member

An interesting program! I'll have to try it!