reFX Nexus v3 and v4 (Mac/WiN) workarounds, fixes, crashes, etc

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by ArticStorm, Mar 25, 2021.

1. jon doe like pizza dough

jon doe like pizza dough Ultrasonic

definite spy wear how can this get any more shady

2. Zee jay

Zee jay Noisemaker

Works so far for Mac, except translation of XP2 to XP3 sound files. The server stopped translating except legit Nexus 3.5.6 for Mac. I think authorization/validation is checked against the version of software you are running and the translation is not allowed anymore for cracked versions. 159 XP3 cracked are fine and still working on 3.3.9 on Mac Mojave, Logic Pro 10.5.0

3. Dejanco

Dejanco Ultrasonic

I hope that will be Nexus 4 soon :bow:

4. Usdllama

Usdllama Noisemaker

I'm having trouble with Nexus 3.4.4 and older Nexus 2 presets. I've unblocked the address in my hosts file yet for some reason it still can't connect to the cloud service to convert the presets. Any ideas on how to fix this? It was working at some point before...

5. Waver

Waver Kapellmeister

It doesnt work anymore. Use Nexus 2 for older presets.

6. supermanXDX

supermanXDX Newbie

Nexus 3 v.3.3.7 crashes on mac os x Monterey. what to do?

7. northwinds

northwinds Kapellmeister

Had Nexus 3 working great but had to do a bit of disk management so moved the huge libraries to another drive - question is though, how do I get Nexus 3 to know I've changed the path to the libraries? The only jelp from goole tells me to install the cloud app to do this. I have done this before without the cloud app but can't remember how? Can someone please remind me? Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else in this huge thread!

8. Kdlan

Kdlan Newbie

But how though? I have Nexus 2 and Nexus 3 both installed. IN a project I can load both up at the same time and it works fine..
    But when load up that project again when I open my DAW, the Nexus 2 plugin gets loaded with the Nexus 3.. except the sounds are now lost since we already discussed how the 2 sounds don't work in 3 anymore since they patched it.

How do I fix this so that my Nexus 2 and Nexus 3 are completely separate and don't overlap like this?

9. Carbine24k

Carbine24k Newbie

I'm not using the Nexus 3 very often but when I do, I run the Nexus inside an virtual enviroment with no internet and network connection or any relation to my studio computer. Make my edits in the virtual enviroment and save it as an wave file or I just sample the sounds and copy it to an USB pen drive.

10. linkfergu

linkfergu Noisemaker

I FOUND A SOLUTION TO NOT BEING ABLE TO RECALL OLD PRESETS (IN ABLETON)

(1) Remove nexus 3 from vst files, put in another folder
    (2) Replace it with nexus 2 titled "nexus".dll (I also had to update my Jbridge text file name as I was running nex 2 and nex 3 alongside each other but nexus 2 specifically named "Nexus2".dll and Nexus 3 named "Nexus". So the Jbridge text file changes from "Nexus2" to "Nexus"
    (3) Now it should open and load nexus and populate the proper preset names
    (4) Freeze, or see if you can find the preset in Nexus 3 as some presets carry over but in nexus 3 format

Hope this helps anyone. Screw REFX all the way to hell. Software should not be that expensive.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  11. Kdlan

Kdlan Newbie

Ok this is really weird - someone have an answer?

I only have Nexus 3.4.4 and Nexus 2 installed. I tried opening projects from last year and it opens Nexus 3.3.9 (which I no longer have installed) AND opens it with the OLD Nexus 2 preset I used (in 3.3.9) that's not even in the directory or any folders in the plugin. And it recalls and plays the sound fine.

Even weirder, I just ran a new test opening my Nexus 2, playing a random sound and saving it, then re-opening the project. But when I re-open the project it opens Nexus 3.4.4 and gives me the "Cloud app is VERY Outdated" message and doesn't recall or locate the Nexus 2 sound.

I don't get it lol how is this even possible? And if this is possible doesn't this mean there's a way to get things working again where Nexus 3 can use Nexus 2 sounds?

12. anon69

anon69 Producer

this is what ya'll get for trusting a random citizen of the ccp he got that nexus going mad sentient these last few pages, his code got activated a year later

13. Helvetica

Helvetica Producer

Any updates on the matter?

14. Matzik

Matzik Member

@northwinds
    - - - - - - - -
    This info is from this torrent page.

https://looptorrent.net/refx-nexus-3-3-9-vsti-x64-content/

Should help explain how to edit the settings.json file for relocation of content library.

5. Go to the path C: \ Users \ Public \ Documents \ reFX \ nexus (aka Drive C: \ Users \ General \ General Documents \ reFX \ nexus) and open the settings.json file with notepad

6. Find the line “library_folder”: “E: \ reFX Nexus 3 \ Nexus Content”, and change this path E: \ reFX Nexus 3 \ Nexus Content to your own to the Nexus Content folder.

Please note that the path uses two characters \ and then save the changes in this file.

Example: “library_folder”: “E:\\reFX Nexus 3\\Nexus Content”

Note: It is important that you use the double backslashes instead of one !

{
    “deep_verified”: true,
    “last-license-warning”: 0,
    “last-update-check”: “2020-09-15T21:46:08.870+08:00”,
    “library_folder”: “E:\\reFX Nexus 3\\Nexus Content”,
    “ui”: {
    “default-font-size”: 20,
    “default-scale”: 0.5,
    “useHWAcceleration”: true
    }
    } Hope this helps --<< Matzik >>-- :winker:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. chefcoco

chefcoco Kapellmeister

having trouble with nexus 3 showing presets how do i solve that?

16. Kdlan

Kdlan Newbie

how can I at least get Nexus 2 to run alongside Nexus 3? Nexus 2 will load and I can play sounds, but when I reload the project it automatically loads that Nexus 2 instance as Nexus 3, and as we know the Nexus 2 sound doesn't play.

17. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

18. Kdlan

Kdlan Newbie

19. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Install: reFX - Nexus v2.2.1 VSTi - AiR (with all Expansions, Presets, Skins - 14,7 GB

Does not work anymore, looks like conversion is only available for legit software or maybe newer versions of cracked software if available.
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/refx-nexus-3-cant-load-old-nexus-2-projects-properly.62297/

Hi, all of nexus 2 expansions work with nexus 3, that’s the good news. . . The bad news is that the cracked expansions (that work on the cracked nexus 2) will either not work with the legit copy, or will notify refx of the issue. Nexus has changed recently to remove the old security in favour of an online verification system. The resolution is If you want the sounds. Remember their expansion and purchase it with 3 to legally own both the synth and expansion. 3rd party expansions (there are a few) will prob still work as not official refx.
    Source: www.reddit.com/r/VSTi/comments/ijhgr1/how_can_i_import_my_nexus_2_presets_to_nexus_3_on/

20. Kdlan

Kdlan Newbie

thx for the reply. Ok so basically.. :

- Currently impossible for any version of Nexus 3 to play Nexus 2 sounds because of cloud app that gets connected to or w/e.

- Also impossible to have Nexus 2 and Nexus 3 running alongside each other at the same time? Again, I can load both in a project, but if I re-open that project it opens the Nexus 2 plugin as Nexus 3.4.4. And as we know doesn't play or even recall the Nexus 2 sound.