reFX Nexus v3 and v4 (Mac/WiN) workarounds, fixes, crashes, etc

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by ArticStorm, Mar 25, 2021.

1. KPSTAR

KPSTAR Newbie

Ok, so I finally finished d/l the 170GB pack. I'm able to unpack it, however, when it appears something is possibly missing.. Or am I missing something?? upload_2021-4-24_20-3-38.png

WinRAR shows me this, however advises that the archive is either unknown format or damaged:

upload_2021-4-24_20-5-17.png

upload_2021-4-24_20-5-52.png

2. 5xq

5xq Ultrasonic

extract it using 7zip and see if it error
    it should combie 001 -> 013 to 1 single folder with no errors

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  3. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

winrar don't like over 6Go archives, maybe use 7zip instead.

if still not working download again part1. + check you AV detection that can block the extraction because of the reactive dll

4. incr3d1ble

incr3d1ble Newbie

I'm on Mac & Nexus 3 loads but any reason why the previews stopped working for the samples?

5. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

the reason is a missing sample result. you have to load a valid presets to re connect the audio. it is the nexus behaviour.
    or close and re open it.

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

thats wrong i unpacked 1080p movies, which were 13+GB.

the problem is, why people pack stupid 170GB archives?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

it depend what is inside. 4000 samples are better packed, copied, deleteted from an iso image than individual files.
    it is a windows issue.

as soundiron libraries for kontakt. all the samples packed in a nkx will move or can be deleted quickly. the original format is killing the hard drive indexing.

that seems to be better in a container. i don't know why exactlly.
    i tried to make big rar from nexus expansions and it give a dammaged archive result if you add files over.

8. anon69

anon69 Producer

honestly some people suck at packing shit, sometiems even encoding. this release has no reason to be packed again in 13 or so rar parts. dude literally couldve just 7zipped and password, wouldve save a shit ton of space.

9. ArticStorm

it would have been to compress expansions individually and have them upload separated, but no we shove all XP into one giant rar file without providing sfv or any other checksum files. Its very stupid.

ohh and even better add a 2nd and 3rd compression layer on top, well yeah bcs we can.

10. ArticStorm

yeah, the problem was, to be the first, so it was rushed ...

11. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

everything seems to be working, except when i click arpeggiator tab it crashes instantly (live11 / osx catalina) is there a fix for this? TIA

12. starmember

starmember Newbie

Hey does anybody hast working links for me? I need VST, Factory Content and Expansions if possible.

Thanks a lot!

13. kokorico

kokorico Platinum Record

Hi guys! I missed part 10 and 24 on the 170 gb library when dowloading. Don't know why.
    Could someone PM me for those files or links, please?:mates:
    The nexus 3 librairies work great and i have fun with that.:rofl:

EDIT : forget it! I found them back. My downloader place them on another HDD.:dunno:

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  14. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

Just to be in trend downloaded 170 GB of this synth to check what it is. Checked 10 min and cannot understant why so many talks about it:dunno: Pretty basic sounds, and pretty basic digital sounding. Even Synthmaster much better (but less presets of cos). On downloading spent almost 24hrs, on testing 10 min, on deliting 20 min :disco:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. aplel1419

aplel1419 Kapellmeister

90% of the time basic is just what you need. Nexus, or rather the team behind its sounds, does basic better than anyone or anything else. In my usage, Nexus is perfect for layering. Faster than anything else, lighter than anything else. You could spend hours tweaking your very own preset, or you could possibly find very similar sound already made for Nexus and spend 1 minute picking it up (obviously depends on the sound, sometimes you need to do your own sound design, and that's totally fine).

It's so useful for me, that the $4k price tag almost is justified. Actually that's a lie, I'd never pay anything close to $4k, no matter how much I enjoy using it, because this still is just my hobby. If the complete package were something around $1k, I'm pretty sure I would have already bought it a couple of years ago.

That being said, I'm glad the thing has been working fine for well over a month now. Still nothing shady going on, even though it is still being flagged as a virus.

16. aren smith

aren smith Noisemaker

i can't load the XPs in nexus 3. they are in .nxp extention. i even tried by changing the extention, but it doesn't load. can anyone help?

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  17. Angelo Archetti

Angelo Archetti Ultrasonic

The .nxp doesn’t work on nexus 3 (only in nexus 2)… in nexus 3 you must have the XP folder (already extract) to put in the nexus content folder. Only in nexus 2 you could import nxp, because nexus 2 proceeded to extract the content. In nexus 3 release you have to download the xp with all file already extract.

18. aren smith

aren smith Noisemaker

i am sorry for the misinformation. But actually they are in .nxs extention. i did download the extracted presets. but they don't work.

19. Angelo Archetti

Angelo Archetti Ultrasonic

Oh, you download preset folder but if you don’t download also the right XP folder… the preset dosn’t work (example: the trance leads preset must have their XP Trance leads folder in the samples content folder)

20. aren smith

aren smith Noisemaker

did that, but still doesn't work. what about the .nxs file? what to do with it? plz help.