reFX Nexus v3 and v4 (Mac/WiN) workarounds, fixes, crashes, etc

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by ArticStorm, Mar 25, 2021.

1. ziggzagmusic

ziggzagmusic Noisemaker

Hi, first post!

For Mac users trying to direct to an external drive, can anyone confirm if this would be the correct file path to enter in the settings.json file?

"library_folder": "/Volumes/DRIVE NAME/reFX Nexus 3/Nexus Content",

Wasn't sure if the double "\\" was a Windows file hierarchy thing or what the script specifically seeks out, beause the path above is how I'd point to a folder on Mac.

I'm still downloading my content library to this path, so I'm honestly just trying to confirm that I'm doing everything I can to assure a smoother start when it (fingers crossed) completes downloading.

2. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Hey @ziggzagmusic Welcome to AS!
    As a mac user too I'd say you know what you are doing, and I too thought the double slash was a Windows thing.
    That would be what I'd expect for our path, yes.
    And if not, you won't have to move it all but just edit the .json and the folder name I guess.

3. ziggzagmusic

ziggzagmusic Noisemaker

Appreciate the speedy reply!

4. Dinesh S

Dinesh S Newbie

Hi,
    My First post... I am a Mac user...

I have downloaded nexus v3.3.9.. I have placed components, vst, vst3 files in respective folders...
    I have created the sym file link for external frive to my Applications/Nexus library folder...
    When i open my nexus through logic pro x...
    All the presets are available but it shows this error...

Can someone plz help me.. Please.. Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 22.10.33.png

5. zenzey

zenzey Member

I just saw that moria released the clean mac version without any hidden crap, does that mean it's not malware at the end of it all? Can you finally trust this? although windows was not fixed. Apparently Moria was able to unpack the obfuscated dll and checked the code :wtf:

6. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Can you finally trust MORiA?
    Why don't you download it and test it and get back to us? :wtf:

edit: I just checked and it's an Easy Installer for the expansions for macoS and it's 17.8MB!
    Not what you said.
    Fake news! lol

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  7. Warry12

Warry12 Member

Is it?

Looks to me it's a simple installer with the existing installation.

8. Roboto

Roboto Producer

macOS chinese release was never obfuscated.

9. baszermaszer

baszermaszer Member

So RefX holds the all powerful technology called: Nexus 3 Expansion Maker. With it they and their content creators can create new instruments and expansions. They begin their stupid manual with bragging about 64 oscillators. As soon as I read it I wanted to create a new instrument with unique layers using 64 oscillators, but.. Of course they must not include this key Nexus 3 feature - the main part of the software - the actual f*in EDITOR into the product, because then their product would be forgotten, since no freakin body would buy their stupid expansions anymore.. People would create their own amazing expansions!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. depijp_HSK

depijp_HSK Ultrasonic

if I am to download it for the first time for Mac, what are the steps to install correctly?

11. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

here https://refx.com/nexus/manual

yeah i wanted to take a look at the layer page, but its so limited :/
    what we could all do when we could create our sound sin N3, this would acutal after taking a look it, buy it, but in the current state its not worth it to buy it.

but this was right from the start back in 2007 clear, that they want to cash in on the expansions. and other companies followed and its a good concept.

12. ArticStorm

Read first page please, i created a collection of information there, should explain almost everything.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. bassmake

bassmake Member

Hi guys I'm running into some issues. I've read here that on mac there are some issues with some packs not loading, now I have downloaded the missing packs but get the message that they cant be loaded from the cloud.

Is there something here I'm missing on this thread what im doing wrong? Im on Mac OSX Catalina

14. zenzey

zenzey Member

Here no one is questioning the work of any cracker, I only found out if Moria saw what was inside it is dll since many are paranoid about this a launch since it was not r2r :yes::no:

15. iw

iw Producer

I am asking myself the same. :dunno:

16. theflxx

theflxx Newbie

Hey! Sometimes when I load Nexus, it takes a time to show my everything (I mean, the expansions/presets). It appears later in, but I wondering, somebody else is having this same "issue"?? (It doesn't a real issue, it's just that if I could make it load faster it would be better for workflow)

17. ArticStorm

which dll? MORIA is MacOS, what are you talking about?

you test the plugin, run virustotal, well brings up nothing, since on windows the the plugin itself is obfuscated, means its protected.

next step is to block outgoing connection, means if its a trojan or something, it will connect to something to download something or install something? @Roboto has done that it drops a registry entry on windows, but thats only for for the WInLic protection layer, thats probably to just secure the plugin from reverse engineering.

Blocking the ip adresses, a lot of us, check to which ips the plugin/N3 connects and blocked them, thats all you can do. Here it compared to the legit unpatched N3 plugin and we found it one ip is put in there by the reverse of this release, block that and you are fine.

yeah and then it was tried around with changing dates on offline machines to try and check if the plugin always works w/o connecting to the internet and yes it does, even in 2099 and in 1999. So what else?

18. ArticStorm

it tries to cloud sync, turn this off and its faster.
    Also it tries to connect to the normal reFX server for checking the license info. if this is blocked it will check on the offline saved license.

19. theflxx

theflxx Newbie

Got it. Thank you!!

20. hexer1337

hexer1337 Member

I wonder if VPS Avenger is the Nexus synth and sample editor engine