REFX Nexus 1 Mac, crashing Ableton Live 10?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ted2020, Apr 17, 2020.

1. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

I am using iMac and paid legit version of Ableton Live 10 (latest) and K'd REFX Nexus 1 plug in, which on any project opens, plays and records fine as an AU instrument.

However once saved (fine also) I am now guessing this is the plug in that doesn't allow the project to open at a later date? The Ableton project just takes forever to load, hangs, with the spinning beachball..

I have launched Ableton in SAFE mode with (alt on Mac) so it loads without any AU plug ins..?

This is fine, and I have my identical list of VST plug ins showing only?
    BUT the one missing in VST is REFX Nexus 1?

Would this be the problem that the VST component is missing and corrupting projects even if I use the AU version of this plug-in?

Any help would be great as to why this happens with certain AU's or VST's and how I can resolve it simply?
    I am sure on a previous install on another Mac, that this REFX Nexus 1 played along fine?

3. chefcoco

chefcoco Kapellmeister

if u can pay for ableton, then you should be able to go for a legit nexus 3, makes no sense running a 32 bit nexus 1 a decade plus after it was released via 32bit lives.

4. GT33

GT33 Kapellmeister

mac user here, there are many better synths like avenger, omnisphere, u-he stuff there isn't real reason to use nexus anymore, it was cool in 2007, it was cool till you hear how poor quality it is, it has ultra quality mode wow :no: you see how much time it cost you, scrap it and do sound design, amen:guru: