(reFx.com) Nexus2 v2.7.3 Updated

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Feb 2, 2016.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Nexus2 v2.7.3

[​IMG]

Nexus2 version 2.7.3 has been released. This update contains various fixes and improvements.

What's new:
    CHG - Added more information to the support file
    FIX - LFO phase precision that caused invalid output values.
    FIX - OSXRare crash if non-default skin was selected.
    FIX - OSX64Check-marks in menus weren't working.

All Nexus2 license owners can download this update from their Downloads page (log-in required).

Source
    reFx.com newsletter

• Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Just purchased the new Tropical House expansion. Frickin thing is amazingly spectacular sounding. Certainly one of the best Tropical soundbanks I've ever used - if not THE best one I've used. Very useful. If their protection wasn't so tough I'd share it on "The Great Zee" right now. Lol. :wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

I stop using Nexus at ages....

5. santillana

santillana Kapellmeister

they have to include a "Bypass Reverb and Delay" in the Nexus settings while you are browsing presets, like in a virus ti

6. poodle78

poodle78 Newbie

I'm thinking of buying this. Do I understand correctly that it is well worth the $249?

Thanks.

7. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

I think they already know most of their presets sound crappy if they do!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. WolwerineBlues

WolwerineBlues Platinum Record

Their price is overkill over 2k for all for that money you should go out and buy nord lead keyboard :winker:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  9. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

THIS.

10. teknomix

teknomix Kapellmeister

I bought it about a month, really nice big preset collection and may be the only focused to EDM and electronic music in general. Good arsenal of sounds pre made with waveforms from much real synths.
    May be the only request I have are a big GUI for big screens, like the new Sylenth and Spire.

Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  11. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Yes. But everyone has a different view on "worth it". For the content/quality it's very good. But defo agree it's EDM genre focussed out of the box.
    The hefty 2K is for everything, and you can just add the expansions you want. I only bought 2.

Many people just preset browse/hop and fail to know/acceppt that you can also make your own patches by starting with the basic saw's etc. Then add an arp for example and your own DAW delay/reverb etc etc. Using the lock icon on the arp for example locks the arp pattern to every sound when browsing, very handy if you've tweaked a pattern but want a different sound.

12. Impressive

Impressive Guest

It is well worth $249, big yes. Now I want to say there are better synths for just as much like Spire and Serum, but let me say this entire track of mine was made entirely with Nexus2 (minus the guitar) -

Drums, synths, percussion, pads, leads, basses, everything except the guitar lead in the bridge, was made with Nexus2 (and some expansions).
    I successfully copyrighted it in March of 2014 - The song is over 2 years old despite my choice of publicly releasing it only recently. My musical back catalog is loaded.
    The sounds are very plain sounding, but these other songs I did were also made entirely with nexus2 (again, minus the guitars, which are live recorded) -

The drums in the second one (Running Away) is not with nexus 2. That was Groove Agent 4.
    BUT the sub bass-kicks in the beginning and end of Running Away, WAS done with Nexus2.

So all in all, you can't go wrong with buying it. I'm 99.999999R% convinced you will enjoy it. Spire and Serum are available on AudioZ. Nexus2 is not. PLUS - The cracked team AiR version is super outdated compared to what Nexus2 has become now. The cracked team air release and the mac 1.4.1 gives a very false and horrendous impression of Nexus2. But here's the logic - nothing really stays the same forever. Nexus2 has grown like a weed since this 2.2 version. Don't dwell in the past, folks, c'mon. :no:

13. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

After I updated, my patch browser in Nexus was broken. Turned out the Data.ndb file in the root folder was the cause of it. I restored my previous backup copy of that file, and it all worked again. Weird.

14. turbo

turbo Ultrasonic

Nexus is a beast for sure. Top 3 of VST
    Technical question. Can you teach me on PM how EQ the synths? I love how they sound :wink: