Reel To Reel Repair Los Angeles?!

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by shinyzen, Jun 17, 2024.

1. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

Hi all. Seeking a trusted repair shop for an old 1960's Sony Reel - Reel tape recorder in the Los Angeles area. Its "works", but could use some TLC. The unit itself is not worth much, but this particular unit was my grandfather's, so would love to get it back to its full beauty.

im super excited, as it also came with 10 or so tapes, of various recordings done by my grandpa, including

My grandmother reading her original poetry - this is incredible to me, as i only have vague memories of her, she passed when i was 6 or 7

my dad as a youth playing the guitar, pennywhistle, and violin - also really special to me, as my father has been very influential in my music journey. I grew up listening to bluegrass, traditional Irish music, americana etc with him, and he and my mother were the ones who gave me the push to go to recording school many years ago.

my grandfather and his fireman unions choir, local church choir, as well as some gospel recordings, and a local bluegrass band. I plan to make all of these free and to the public once i get them digitized.

3. Citrik Acid

Citrik Acid Platinum Record