Red Room Audio Palette Symphonic Sketchpad vs Others

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by OrchFan, Aug 1, 2018.

1. OrchFan

OrchFan Ultrasonic

Hello, I am very new to the forum and interested in writing orchestral trailers & soundtrack stuff.I am looking for an orchestral scoring library that fits my budget and has minimum hardware requirements.I have seen videos of Albion One,8dio Majestica, Metropolis Ark 1,ProjectSAM Orchestral Essentials and Palette Symphonic Sketchpad.Out of all these Palette Symphonic Sketchpad fits my budget(i.e.$350). However I feel that the sound of Symphonic Sketchpad is a bit different (may be dry or something) Considering that you all are professional please guide me whether I should go for Symphonic Sketchpad or wait and save more money to buy any other of these.TBH I am tired of waiting... I have been saving money & dreaming of buying a professional library for over 18 months now.Tired of using Sonatina Orchestra ... can't even make it sound professional.May be because I don't know enough but I need something that sounds like a good mix right out of the box like these libraries(assuming it to be true). Please guide me ... idk what to do with these sounds ringing in my head and am very uncomfortable not being able to write something that sounds good.Anything epic trailer like with symphonic sketchpad would be nice to hear except those demos on red room audio website.I hope for some useful advice

3. Recoil

Recoil Guest

4. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

Some premium libraries work with Kontakt Player (free on NI site) too.

5. OrchFan

OrchFan Ultrasonic

Thanks for the response.I just checked out the developers websites for these libraries ... only 8dio Majestica needs full version of Kontakt.So that gets excluded.I read this comment on a demo track of instant orchestra by some user named Luis Lastra Cid

"How did you get this result!!!! I have GPO4 and GIO and never get this quality of sound :("

Sample Tank Max doesn't include orchestral strings , brass or woodwinds... & complete bundle is $449 but includes only
    SESSION HORNS,SESSION STRINGS...no orchestral sounds :(

I am still left with the same question, is Palette Symphonic Sketchpad good enough to be used for scoring some epic orchestral stuff sounding similar to the results achievable by using Albion 1 / Metropolis ARK 1 / Orchestral Essentials ?

6. Recoil

Recoil Guest

It was composed by me in Garritan Instant Orchestra it is like mini Symphobia, Sample Tank Max from what I know contains 22 expansions.

7. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

8. tori

tori Platinum Record

Maybe caus I'm a noob but the palette sketchpad didnt do much to me... The Kontakt Factory Library Orchestral Samples from VSL sounds [a little] much better to my ears, but at the moment im searching for a decent orchestral instrument (or library) too, want to try out the Garritan Orchestra, otherwise... one day im productive enough for the eastwest composer cloud Abonnement, this sounds like a good deal if you are composing very often at your freetime, but atm I think I'm not good enough for something like that, yet.

9. Recoil

Recoil Guest

@OrchFan Sample Tank Max has high quality samples, there is everything you need and even more.

@jonyy Garritan Instant Orchestra is like a mini symphobia.

10. Philby

Philby Member

The Red Room Audio libs require you to use a good sounding outboard reverb to get the kind of sound you want (but the built-in 'verb in each rack is pretty good sounding). You can layer the full and chamber versions together to make bigger sound but not needed in 90% of the cases. You will need the brush pack 01 melodics to get solo instruments. You can also download a useful free version of sketchpad to try out and it is very nice.