ReCycle 2.2 Update Released

Discussion in 'Software News' started by PYRUS MALUS, Nov 2, 2011.

1. PYRUS MALUS

PYRUS MALUS Noisemaker

Propellerhead has released version 2.2 of the loop slicer ReCycle. This update brings support for 64-bit operating systems on Mac and PC, including Mac OS 10.7 Lion, an improved user interface and many workflow enhancements.

Changes:

• The program is now fully compatible with 64 bit operating systems.
    • ReCycle 2.2 is a true Cocoa program under Mac OS and fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
    • The main window has been redesigned, with new zooming and scrolling. Scrolling is smoother and you can now zoom in further. Some redundant controls have been removed and others added.
    • When exporting AIFF and Wave files, Record/Reason-style tempo information is now included in the file. Also, when importing audio files created in Record or Reason, the tempo information in those files is used for setting tempo and length in ReCycle.
    • The Waveform now indicates graphically what sound will be played back, by dimming silent sections.
    • You can now use the Q, W, E and R keys to select tools, just like in Reason.
    • The Preference dialog has been streamlined and updated.
    • Open Recent (documents) is now a sub-menu on Mac OS.
    • The status bar has been removed.
    • We have removed support for the Sound Designer II, Mixman, and SampleCell formats since these are all outdated.
    • The authorization system and copy protection has been changed, reducing the risk of having to reauthorize the program.
    • Installation under Mac OS is now drag and drop (no installer).

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

hmm i guess recycle isnt popular - gonna use the slice feature inside of live - before that i used recycle.
    they still have no batch from wav to rex - still manually which sucks like hell.
    thx for the news!

4. PYRUS MALUS

PYRUS MALUS Noisemaker

I do like the auto slice in Live --- Is there a way to export slices in Live ? Is there a way to drop Live slices across the Drum Rack (for use w/ the AKAI MPD32 for example) ? ReCycle has always been a bit buggy on the Mac (the Update should fix these inconsistencies). I've been using recycle to chop up samples and phrases - then export the individual slices for use on the MPD & Drum Rack (very similar to how the MPC and MV 8800 work). I just got my hands on FXpansion's Geist CM (Computer Music Edition) -- and it handles slicing and distribution across pads much like the MPC -- so this may be my go-to plugIn when reworking sampled phrases MPC style. Would indeed be nice to have a stable version of ReCycle though, none the less ...

5. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

After a long time, the most wanted feature like batch slice is not in recycle?
    What they do?

6. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

@ArcticStorm and Quakeaudio
    How exactly would you imagine a batch slicer was supposed to work?
    Auto-slice a large number of wav/aif files with a fixed sensivity threshold?
    It's possible! There is a way to do it, using external scripting.
    But you won't get perfectly set slices then.
    Anyone who's been really working with Recycle should have experienced that without manual intervention, changing the bpm of a rex file is usually no fun.

I'm sure that if the Propellerheads had found the genius, always-on-beat, perfect auto-slicing algorithm, they would have built it into ReCycle.
    But honestly, I don't think they even put much effort into such work, making ReCycle more and more redundant in the face of today's DAWs.