Recreate Old Drumloops

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Direct drive, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Direct drive

Direct drive Producer

I like my Oldskool breakbeats! but some sound to shitty to clean up!! or do you think its better to chop it & Recreate it, with cleaner drum samples?? Here's a sample of the loop

https://voca.ro/1e8uCeTfNeuc

3. bdone

bdone Ultrasonic

there are better sounding versions of that particular loop , cant remember where its from , might be think by lyn collins but not sure.but I've heard better sounding versions.

4. grabme

grabme Kapellmeister

Try Bobby Byrd Hot Pants or Big Daddy Kane Raw which I believe your sample is from with the added 808.

5. recycle

recycle Guest

I don't know why, but when you use classic samples like this, the worse they sound the better they fit into the context of our track. This is why many composers choose to lower the bitrate of the samples used. My advice is to play it as it is: dirty and not quantized, it will give much more vibe to the song. Sure, you can try to recreate that pattern with the pristine sounds of a drum machine, but then you'll notice that the energy is completely lost.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2022
  6. Jeffrey_Goinz

Jeffrey_Goinz Ultrasonic

Maybe Layer it slightly with fresher Drumsamples!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  7. Vijay

Vijay Noisemaker

the sample is Bobby Bird - Hot Pants (Bonus Beats)
    the idea of sampling in a sampler to lower bitrate is cool but does not hold up in the digital world. Especially the hihats will suck and sound like F sounds. dont use mp3.

I would recommend grabbing it from Tidal, but the bonus beat version is not on Tidal, so you have to look for a CD or .flac somewhere.
    You can always downsample if that's the sound you want to go for....and I recommend you proceed to then use something like Regroover to split the tracks, use those to make groove presets, and layer them with fresh sounding samples. If you do, please share with me I love drumloops.