recreate drum loop please

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by nmkeraj, Dec 12, 2020.

1. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

Could anybody recreate this drum loop, please?

Attached Files:

3. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Unsure why you can't put in some work and do it yourself, especially as it's quantized, not laid down manually. On that note, far as actual drum style and tones, I would advise you start experimenting with some Sample Magic packs as a lot of their one-shots sound similar.

4. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

Thank you @eXACT_Beats_ What my problem is, my loops don't sound "full", they are rather dry, and I cannot find proper samples to sound "exact" like this. I assume there is layering used in the loop. I rely on drums in Ableton Live

5. DJK

DJK Rock Star

add some fx and a little reverb, group the drums and put a compressor on them

6. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Agreed. Using a compressor (or two, if you know how to properly setup dual compressors, one set around threshold, the other, ratio, to put it simply,) will bring it together and give it a more cohesive feel. Remember that you might want something other than a compressor to kind of glue the sound together, like a tape machine, which lends natural compression. I've been wicked hyped on Flywheel, by Fuse Audio Labs, as it isn't too "Lofi," or too clean sounding, but juuust crunchy enough. Also, McDSPs Analog Channel can lend some cohesion to a mixbuss, as can a lot of preamp/saturators. And remember, sometimes lees is more; no need to smash everything. :no:
    And, though I'm the first to advocate layering drums, make sure that you're starting out with quality samples, otherwise all of the layering is going to be for nothing--you can't polish a turd. :no::rofl:

7. DigitHandz

DigitHandz Ultrasonic

$500.... my time ain't cheap buddy

8. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Seriously? Okay, okay--$494.99
    What? :cool:

9. Bitmonkey

Bitmonkey Producer

So you have the drum loop already why not just slice it in Ableton and use it as it is?

10. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

I would like to recreate it and learn how to program similar sounding. I can’t recreate the samples used in it. They are masked and layered. They pitch shifted or so and of course a lot of FX-ed. The kick and snare is quite easy. What is playing between?

11. kintozero

kintozero Kapellmeister

What I hear "inbetween" are sequenced snares at differing pitches and velocities.
    There are several ways to do this:
    1) open -just- the snare track in izotope breaktweaker, sequence the snare, lower the volume, and layer that with the basic drumloop.
    2) record the delayed snares as "ghost notes", see here for the concept:

12. DigitHandz

DigitHandz Ultrasonic

In between sounds like hi hats (closed and open), tambourine chime, and maybe a light rimshot.