Recording Vocals Problem...PLEASE HELP! I AM LOSING MY MIND!

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Mixtic, May 24, 2019.

1. Mixtic

Mixtic Guest

So I am trying to record vocals over a track. I have my audio interface input selected, but for some reason...all the other tracks play through that input as well. The audio from the microphone is not on its own, everything else in the playlist is somehow linked through to the same track as the microphone input. I thought it may have been my headphones, but no, when I turned my headphone level all the way down I could still see the level changing on the mixer track. I changed my inputs, changed my buffer size, solo'd my vocal channel: Nothing, I still get the same result. I have a steinberg UR22mkII...does the problem lie in the interface? Am I overlooking something? Please help. Thank you!

3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

You could be recording on a Mixer Track that has other internal audio routed to it. Or you are recording on the Master Mixer Track. The Master Track includes every other Mixer track in the project. Make sure no Channel Rack instruments or Audio Clips are routed to your external Input recording Mixer Track. Try this. Open a new instance of Fl Studio with the Empty template. Now, right-click the Mixer Input menu to initiate an 'Auto-map'. This will automatically map each input on your audio device to a unique Mixer Track Input, starting on the Mixer track where the Auto-map was initiated and working to the right. To prevent feedback, the Master Tack send (https://www.image-line.com/support/flstudio_online_manual/html/img_shot/recording_sendtomaster.png) will be disabled on each Mixer Track, so you will see input activity on the Peak Meters, but won't hear anything. When you have done that insert drop a sample as an Audio Track. FL Studio will automatically assign it to an empty Track not being used by your UR 22. Try recording your vocals.

For more read this:https://www.image-line.com/support/flstudio_online_manual/html/recording_audio.htm

4. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

Yes, you Should try again, and select an ’empty’ Insert.
    As a free extra Ill Throw in this: if you use any effect on the vocal while recording; its best to not put that on the same insert, nor engage the eq.

Instead, route the insert on which you engaged the input(s) to another track and do your Edits there Instead.

In this way, you’ll always be able to recall and Change things later on.

Last edited: May 24, 2019