Recording Live MIDI Tutorial Videos

Discussion in 'PC' started by Sonar_Eclipse, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Sonar_Eclipse

Sonar_Eclipse Newbie

I was wondering if anyone could explain what they did in their setups to record tutorial videos with good latency in their DAW. At first, I thought that this was something Mac-specific, but after testing with Camtasia for Mac, I am doubtful of this.

I have a soundcard I use to record my videos, and I understand how to get that set up to record. The only issue is that when I try to record my MIDI performances, the sounds from the DAW are not system audio, thus are not recorded. The same applies to Windows.

How would you go about routing things so that you can record the audio from the DAW, system audio, and the voice commentary?

Thanks in advance.

3. deadhenderson

deadhenderson Newbie

Change the drivers in your DAW to the generic system Core drivers strictly for the recording session. Depending on your video capture settings, memory may be an issue, tho.