Recording Labels

Discussion in 'digital labels' started by gompo, Sep 8, 2013.

1. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

Hey
    which EDM recording labels prefer new talent and listens to demos submitted to them,
    Please help.

thanks

3. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

None. :wink:

4. juboh

juboh Member

Whats EDM stands for?

5. euxyh103

euxyh103 Newbie

Everybody's Doing Music :bleh:

6. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

True!!

7. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

Everybody's Doing Music NowDays :bleh:

8. bigboobs

bigboobs Kapellmeister

Show an example, I'll tell you a suitable label then

9. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

progressive house , electro ..

10. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

PMing u soon.. :)

11. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Electronic Dance Music even some Hip Hop is turning in to EDM :dunno:

12. xHitoKiri

xHitoKiri Member

There's a couple of "remix" contest on beatport, it might not be straight your genre, but its a good way to capture fans/label eye.

13. fuad

fuad Producer

To be honest I've been pondering this question for a couple of years now...I've been signed to about 4 different (trust me not as exciting as you might think) record labels, a couple of them quite sizable ones actually specialized in electronic music. The problem is you have to understand that these "record label" are interested in only 1 thing (technically 2 things), money and fame, and if you can't make them money or spread their name then your career with them will be very short lived, if it even starts. There are TONS of independent record labels who will "release" your music and stuff like that, and of course take a cut of your profit. What alot of musicians don't know is that alot of these labels use services that you can use yourself to get your music everywhere, including beatport. It's actually really easy, pay a little of bit of money, and ure music is all over the web in a few days, that's it. The rest is all about marketing yourself and growing your fanbase. Learn to harness the power of social media and communities just like this one (Audiosex) and brand yourself, get a website up, setup your social media pages, go and listen to other music and give useful feedback, make friends online, and you're on your way and you won't even need a record label, until if by chance you're contacted by a big one with a serious paycheck worth leaving behind the life you currently have, then go for it. That's my 2 cents on the matter and from my own experience.

14. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

ahhh, I miss the good old days when no one gave a shit about electronic music...

15. fuad

fuad Producer

:(

that hurt man

16. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

awww that wasn't intended at you fuad I'm so sorry. I think I posted right after you did... It was just a general comment :hug:

17. fuad

fuad Producer

Alright then I forgive you :)

18. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

19. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

to me electronic music was a medium for discovering and expressing intelligible ideas and intelligble sounds to work with. For me it was creating intelligent concepts and engineering sounds in smart and subtle ways.

I hate clubs and I hate debauchery...and I don't have to be a part of it to enjoy electronic music. Because that's not what it's about for me and for alot of other real artists out there.

The term electronic music has long been out-dated though...everything is electronic these days. Just because a song uses fucking big room happy trancey chords or a bassline with an lfo filter does not make the music any more electronic than that latest song by Katy Perry where she roars and shit...

20. xHitoKiri

xHitoKiri Member

It only became mainstream in US.. Electronic music was always popular in Europe.

Only difference is that people start to accept it and integrate it to more genres. Only downside is the price for festivals now.. I really care less if a thousand like it or a million. :dancing:

Also if you notice.. ibiza used to be the highest point of electronic music.. now a days, I think Las Vegas start to become the main spot.

21. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

Yeah for me electronic music came very differently. I developed my love for the sound through a niche group of people last decade that had a love for software and technology and what was called 'multimedia' back in the day.

This group found artists that made music for the sake of it's technicalities and didn't involve themselves in the marketing hype and club scenes from back in the day. Rather, they made amazing music for video games(BT), Demoscene groups like warez and other platforms. This group used to involve popular artists of today as well like deadmau5, aphex twin etc. For us, it was a tool to express our introverts style. Music means different things to different people, so it's natural that we come from different perspectives. But one thing we know for sure is that it has once again changed. There is nothing wrong with change and I am usually one to move on, but moving on doesn't mean I'm going to conform to the EDM hype...it means I'm going to move on to something else and do something better. Circle of life...

Anyway, that's the last time I talk about Electronic Music. I'm over it...