Recording Help!

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Chhantheman, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Chhantheman

Chhantheman Newbie

Hello everybody, first off, I know there is an easier way to record audio(USB AUDIO INTERFACE, DUH!) Haha, but I'm just trying to re-use and test some audio equipment I found the other day. I was wondering, if I have a USB Sound Card(connected to my home amplifier via RCA) is there any way I can connect these items to an old DVD player/karaoke machine, which has 2 mic outputs, thus recording audio thru the dvd player, into any DAW using ASIO? Thanks for the help!

3. zalbadar

zalbadar Ultrasonic

I might be missing something here but use a mixer.

output on mixer gose to the sound card via RCA
    Amp, DVD player and karaoke machine plug into seperate input channels on the mixer.

This way the mixer controlls what out of the Amp, DVD player and karaoke machine are recorded.

or you could use an adapters and plug the things in to the sound card. Just mean youd be unplugging things when you change what device your recording.

hope this is what you want?

4. Chhantheman

Chhantheman Newbie

Ah ok thats a good idea. So I could record vox with my karaoke player with the mic plugs thru the mixer and into my DAW?

5. Chhantheman

Chhantheman Newbie

Thanks, Zalbadar!