Recording controller movements to a midi track

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by kearnsy, Feb 13, 2016.

1. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Howdy all?

I used to use acid pro until I changed to reaper about a year ago, and I could change the record mode (can't remember what to exactly) in Acid to read, write, latch, or something like that, so, that if I had a midi track already in place, I could just record the controller movement (Cutoff resonance etc) and apply that to the track, and then when I played the track back, it would play back the midi notes and the controller movements

I hope that makes sense?

So, I was trying to do just that last night in reaper, but couldn't figure out how to do it

I was ok with recording a live track and playing the notes live and applying the cutoff as I'm jamming it out, but I'm looking to apply the filter & resonance to a midi track that is already laid out

So basically guys, can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial, or tell me what I have to do?

Thanks in advance

3. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

*Edit*, It's ok guys, I've just figured it out

For future reference, if anyone else has the same problem, Just change the record mode to overdub, and it works (Right click on record button and change recording mode to overdub)

Man, I can't believe I was sat there for an hour trying to figure this shit out last night, ha ha