Recording CC on Top of a Track

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Lynxis, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Lynxis

Lynxis Newbie

Hey guys,

I hope you can help me with a problem I'm struggling around for ages now. I want to record ONLY certain CC information on top of an existing track. So I record a software instrument and afterwards I would like to add let's say the CC11 Expression with my mod wheel. When ever I record the CC data on top, the rest of the midi information (like the notes it self) get overwritten as well with no input... so they get deleted. Is there any easy way to just add CC like dynamic or pitch wheel in realtime on top of an existing track?

The only work around so far for me would have been recording the CC into a 2nd, empty track and then copy/past the infos into the first track. This of course also gets the job done, but is not really optimal from a workflow perspective. Probably the solution is very easy, but I have searched the internet for hours on that problem and could find any convenient solutions! :( Im happy for every hint!

Sincerely,
    Lynxis

PS: I'm working with Logic Pro X 10.0.7

3. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

did u try midi overdub?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5688958

4. JukeboxHero

JukeboxHero Newbie

Lynxis,

Make sure overlap is active (on the right side of the main window where it says 'Drag:'). Record your cc information and afterwards use the glue tool to put music and cc info together.

Hope that helps

JukeboxHero

Attached Files: