Record Labels Prepare Massive "Pirate Site" Domain Blocking Blitz (UK)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Catalyst, May 16, 2013.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Unfortunately it's bad news for our UK friends. :(
    http://torrentfreak.com/records-labels-prepare-massive-pirate-site-domain-blocking-blitz-130515/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Torrentfreak+%28Torrentfreak%29

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Not really, a minor inconvenience maybe. :rofl:

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

To the knowledgeable. Some might be unsure as to what to do next.

5. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

it will settle i think. people will learn to use VPN.

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Yes, whatever they do it can only lead to a temporary halt of a kind, because it's going to take some time to educate people how to use VPN. but in a year or two even grandmothers and grandfathers will be using VPNs. :) Stupid politicians and money leeches wouldn't know anything about that. For every measure there is a countermeasure! What can be protected, can be unprotected. No shit is safe! :)

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

SAiNT, SineWave
    You guys are absolutely correct however I play chess so I have learned two things: 1) Never underestimate your opponent and 2) Look ahead to the endgame. All that has to happen is not even the government making VPNs illegal, they only have to require them to keep logs by law. Then that nullifies all countermeasures we have. Remember these organizations have unlimited funds, technology and political pull. These combined make them ruthless adversaries.

8. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Man, they can kiss my skinny white ass! :bleh:

Slip into the tunnel and I am where ever the fook I wanna be.

Pirates and those downloading are not the parasites, it is the fookin Company Exec`s with their big offices, big car, obscene houses, fat wives and bratty private school educated kids that are killing the music industry. :snuffy:

As it rightly says in the Bible, "Money is the root of ALL evil!" It is the system that is broke, not us! :snuffy:

9. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I totally agree with you except that they can start requiring logs to be retained. As more and more people utilize VPNs this is very likely. Also money is a tool like anything else, it all comes down to how it's used. If anything is the root of all evil it's certainly human beings. The system is broke but unfortunately that is our reality at the moment and unless we change that somehow this will never end and more and more people will be caught in the crossfire.

10. light59

light59 Noisemaker

VPN - VPN - VPN *yes* *yes* *yes* *yes* *yes* *yes* *yes*

@Catalyst: Good point! Knowing the Hollywood cabal, it might require logs in the near future. Our advantage is that according to international law, some nations will accept it while others will reject it. If that's the case, you will have to keep getting new VPN carriers when the old ones become unuseful. Not a big deal.

In the meantime, as surveillance and restrictions keep increasing from day to day, any serious downloader knows how important is to have a VPN company that doesn't keep logs with no bandwidth limitations (mine is only $8.00 a month - based on Sweden/Netherlands). Otherwise, you'll be treading on shark infected waters!

11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Absolutely. My worries about logs is that the United States has put up some intense political pressure and I have seen how much of an impact this has made across the globe. This can be seen in places such as Sweden where these scumbag organizations are asking for jail time as a deterrent to future file-sharing. In Japan they already jail prolific uploaders and I think this has been extended to downloading as well. The UK is one of the worst offenders with ever-growing blocklists in place and massive government surveillance. The same can be said of Italy where there are also blocklists in place. Spain's stance towards piracy has also recently shifted and the region has become unfriendly in that respect. Russia has also recently stepped up their anti-piracy efforts. Forget about the United States which implemented the six strikes system and has been taking websites down without due process. There will be some countries that may be able to resist but in the end many will give in.