Recommended MacOS version for compatibility w. Audio Apps

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Helter Skelter, Mar 7, 2024.

1. Helter Skelter

Helter Skelter Producer

Perhaps I'll settle on Ventura then...I had confused Monterey with Ventura... thought Monterey was after Ventura.

Also I have a few iLok plugins and PACE seem to have an issue with Sonoma 14.4

2. parpagiun

parpagiun Newbie

The problem affect only big size drives formatted with exfat. No problem under 2 TB in my experience for example. No problem in USB dongle.

I currently have 14.3 . The problem is not solved and i think never it will solved.

You can remain to Ventura until the os will be supported. After that you have to update.

Usually my walkaround is analyze hard disk with a windows PC before connect to mac. It will not found nothing , but it will work on mac until you disconnect it again

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
  3. Choosename

Choosename Platinum Record

This problem with exfat is not exclusive of Sonoma. I had misteriously exfat erased data from windows to mac a lot of times, way older than sonoma. IN Big sur, ventura, Monterey.
    IMO Apple is deprecating ex-fat. Because noone wants an ex fat around them :hillbilly:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List