Recommend me some Kontakt libraries for cinematic music

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by peshti, Jun 17, 2017.

1. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

@Bunford
    I have a 2tb drive just for kontakt libs (upgraded from a 1tb), its always teetering on full capacity of crap that I probably only use 10% of.

For me it was always seeing some producer that I like using something in his productions. I instantly thought that I needed it. But didnt realize or care that I already had 5 libs that do the same thing.
    It's better for getting your "sound" if you dont use the same libs actually. It was counter productive to developing my own style in the long run. And libs dont matter, its all about your songwriting skills. Once you got all the midi you can swap out libs like presets until its right to you.

Theres an idea, write a whole track with init patches? It will have to be good. Before you can put any real sounds to it

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  2. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Your question is phrased in a way that suggests 'cinematic music' is one specific type of sound. Not all films need Danny Elfman or Hans Zimmer. I do a lot of short films for students and many cringe if I suggest building an emotional scene using romantic strings. Young film makers want to make different films and also want different music and audio. Hollywood wants epic orchestras. I would advise you not to assume everyone wants to sound like this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I was going to go there too, but refrained. He was asking something like what is the best automobile. Or better, what is the best lib for EDM.
    It all depends on what style(s) youre going for. Orchestral, new age, hybrid, avant-garde/experimental, etc. There is no one size fits all, swiss army knife lib that covers everything.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  4. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

oh you still got it mister.

5. peshti

peshti Member

To you all I want to do hybrid scoring if that's clearer.

6. BTG

BTG Newbie

google your question ....do a complete search on all the libraries that come up and answer your own question.
    there is no wrong or right or easy in music. you have to decide

7. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I use the ProjectSam stuff (Symphobia 1 and 2, Lumina, True Strike 1), Action Strikes, 8Dio Majestica, 8Dio's Liberis children's choir, Olympus Elements, Heavyocity's Evolve/Mutations/Mutations 2 and the Gravity stuff, Embertone's Fischer Viola, Orchestral Tools' Solo Violin and Cello, Big Fish Audio's Epic Drum series and Cinematic Percussion 2, and Soundiron's Voices of Rapture series. I also utilize the old-school Miroslav Philharmonik set for SampleTank 2 to occasionally fill in some holes. It's a loaded question, though, because some movies require a big-sounding orchestral score and some require a whole different approach. You should figure out what kind of score you want (or your client wants you) to write, then get online and Google the libraries that fit your needs. For an all-in-one orchestral or hybrid solution, your best bet is to start with 8Dio's Majestica, which has the whole orchestra in one library (and allows you to write big-sounding stuff without having to layer each individual instrument in your orchestra), then nose around for "cinematic" libraries that don't necessarily focus on orchestral instruments -- Heavyocity Evolve is a decent starting point.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017