Recommend Max For Live devices, I need a few good ones.

Discussion in 'Software' started by nineflyz, Apr 25, 2019.

1. nineflyz

nineflyz Guest

I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick up K-Devices ESQ as I think it would help out with percussion on my tracks. But I'd also like one or two *really* good Max For Live devices added to it, especially non-percussion and generative, though it doesn't have to be generative. I know there are lots of free ones but I've noticed that the ones that you have to pay for are the ones I prefer. So...looking for some ideas. I'd build it myself if I had the skills but not there yet...maybe *next* year. :D

3. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Please do not fall for max4cats, the guy is a morron and does not deserve our money :)

4. nineflyz

nineflyz Guest

Now you got me curious, why is he a moron? :D The K-Devices guy is someone else, I'm pretty sure. I've looked at Oscillot and though having something modular inside of Max would be cool, I don't think I need anymore synths or it'll become distracting for me. I'm already finding myself spending a large portion of my time learning software and not making music...which sucks. :)

FWIW, I think I'll go with the ESQ and be done with it. Adding more than one might be too much for now.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2019
  5. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

He's a grumpy old misanthrope and misogynist who prefers cats over his fellow man. He's part of the ableton community in my hometown, I've met him at some meetings of our user group.

6. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

Go to Ableton's site->packs->max for live and find something you like.
    There is a free user library - http://www.maxforlive.com/library/

Btw, you will find better stuff for Reaktor in terms of synths and effects, imo.