recommend a budget laptop

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by dr.evil, Apr 2, 2013.

1. dr.evil

dr.evil Kapellmeister

which laptops would you recommend for this price?

for music i'll use heavy effects but not too many tracks.

thanx in advance

3. Khaosgot

Khaosgot Newbie

Look at this; http://www.deviltech.de/deviltech.php/sid/b6e32af990010cc85f47f4d11d009718/cl/details/cnid/8a142c3e4143562a5.46426637/anid/2034e7a40fbb727e8.32070889/Fragbook/

4. lisapower

lisapower Member

1800 Euro! what a joke!

i build a own made for much less. with same components.

5. smartlad

smartlad Member

For under $600?

6. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

Get a used 2011 MacBook Pro

7. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

I would suggest you wait it out another month or two so you can stack up some more guap. When it comes to computers that your gonna use for music production, it is best you try and get something thats gonna meet your demands now and in the future. To sum it up, a weak computer can really slow your creativity and workflow, which is not cool. Hopefully you get what you want in the end :mates:

8. real

real Kapellmeister

I can't recommend a budget laptop to do audio production. You don't want a budget laptop. You don't want budget anything. Will only cause you the headaches you deserve. you may be able to make music with budget stuff, but it will be slow and laborious if you want to do i correctly. Try to stack more money, at least $1000 more, and get something that won't slow you down later.

Rule of thumb: Always get the best and most expensive audio stuff you can afford, new or used. If you can't afford much, join the club, learn why u need the more expensive stuff, and learn to compensate for your shortcomings. For instance, I have yet to buy good monitor speakers, as I can't afford them yet. So my mixing system consists of a combination of mixing through crappy consumer computer speakers and sub-woofer, and 3 different pairs of headphones, budget and pro audio, that I find capture specific frequency ranges the best. I also play my mixes in as many places as I can. It takes me a LONG time to mix this way. I could cut my mixing time in half if I just invested in good room treatment and studio monitors, monitor stands, etc. Well, when I can afford it, I will...

There's my two cents.

9. dr.evil

dr.evil Kapellmeister

Thanx for the relpies guys..

I'm just a music hobbyist not at all a professional or plan to make money with it. i know budget laptops are NOT at all ideal for music production.

But at this moment 600 dollars is what i can afford, i want a fast laptop to do computing and music making on the go is an added bonus.

Maybe someday i'll have a full fledged studio. till then all i want is something to put my ideas on and test them.. :grooves:

anyway I've come across some ASUS i7 models around 600 dollars. they look quite good.. :wink:

10. dr.evil

dr.evil Kapellmeister

windows = good,
    mac = bad