Recall

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by ACAS, Feb 19, 2021.

1. ACAS

ACAS Kapellmeister

I made this track with love. Hope you'd enjoy it. Any feedback is welcome.:thanks:

3. Rockseller

Rockseller Platinum Record

it is really nice. but so hard on the grid man come on ... it takes the life away and the vibe is so nice.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

Indeed, as @Rockseller notes, you definitely need to introduce a bit of push and pull to your midi parts for a more human feel. Always pay attention to velocity/expression as well.

Your current string patch is a bit 'weak' imho. As for the string 'arrangement' itself, well... if you're going to just basically duplicate the piano part on strings, you might at least break down those chord parts into seperate legato lines and send them to different string patches for a more realistic effect. It'll also make it easier to experiment with transposing lines (+/- an octave) - as well as for duplicating to different instrument types e.g. winds/brass. Furthermore, this approach will also enable you to see where perhaps some divergence from strictly following the piano might add even more positively moody resonance to the mix.

Right now it's a neat notion... but i bet if you apply a bit more obsessive love you'll be pleased that you did!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. ACAS

ACAS Kapellmeister

So glad you liked it and thanks for your kindness.

I will definitely consider these comments in the next works that I will post.