Reason, where is the rack extension cache?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Alexander Foxx, Sep 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. 9zEA8wHJ7jWG

9zEA8wHJ7jWG Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2021
  2. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

The solidity in what they have done means you can re-run the WAIFU and cache builder many times.
    Re-run the Waifu, then re-run the cache builder. Should work (Make sure any DAW or plugin loading app is closed first).

P.S - If you are running a V.R version of elements, R2R sometimes clash with V.R releases. If legit elements, the above should work.

3. Tomas doraeomn

Tomas doraeomn Newbie

Hello Guys.

I have installed reason 12 R2R.
    I am using it as a VST for Ableton, however its extensions are quite restricted compared to the ones I see people using online. I dont intend to use it as a DAW, just the plugins within.
    I have seen a "complete reason 12 new version" but it was 60gb!
    Can i download a pack of extensions and after all what is a rack extension either way?

I wanted the Aligattor gate but its not there :(

Thank you

4. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

Not sure I'm understanding your question right, but really once Reason R2R is installed, you can use the Rack VST plugin in Ableton. Then you'll probably want to download some additional rack extensions. The stuff that comes with Reason, while great, is limited, as you say. There's some good stuff there, but there's a lot more available for download on the "sister site". I have not seen any big bundles of rack extensions, but you can pick and choose individual ones. Think of a RE (rack extension) as a library, basically... like a library for Kontakt, for example. Kontakt comes with some built in stuff that's great, but the real gold is when you go download some libraries for it.

5. Tomas doraeomn

Tomas doraeomn Newbie

naitguy thank you very much for the response. So basically, for example, I am looking for Aligator filtered gate, is that a RE? I thought a rack extension would be a package of effects, like you said before, Reason 12 comes already with a RE (multiple effects), so if I download one RE am I downloading a single effect or multiple ones? Hope that makes sense.
    Also where can I download them from?

Thank you :)

6. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

A rack extension can be one effect, Multi effects, or an instrument. I'd suggest you just go to the Reason site and browse through Rack Extensions that you can purchase. Some of them can be found on the 'sister site'. Check your messages for the address, as we can't publicly post that here.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
  7. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

@Tomas doraeomn BTW, I had a look just now at the Reason Rack Plugin VST and Alligator Filter Gate is one of the built-in Rack Extensions. There's possibly more in there than you are aware.

If you click on "Browse Instruments" it will bring up a browser on the left.. Alligator Filter Gate is under Effects.

8. Tomas doraeomn

Tomas doraeomn Newbie

Thank you very very much. You are very nice
    You are absolutely right, its already in it. Missed it
    THank you for the entire explanation and suggestions.
    Have a good day :)