Reason+ (subscription based). Thoughts?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Covfefe, Jan 27, 2021.

1. mrichi

mrichi Producer

At $9.99 per month I would probably consider it. Good software, just overpriced. Don't need the sound packs as 80% of the sounds are most likely so-so. More interested in DAW with quality plugins & plugin rack. They make Bitwig look very attractive in comparison.

2. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

I had it working through Wine in one of my Macs and in Windows. That was a fun piece of software.

4. Blanco

Blanco Member

If someone interested i can sell my license for Reason 11 suite for $399 instead $599

[​IMG]

5. tori

tori Platinum Record

Hope that R2R fucks them, or their new business model doesn't work as expected.... Subscription might work for Companies like Plugin Alliance, but they have much better options ect...

6. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

yeah but ultimately i would say its rather up to us users to at least start thinking around a change in our optic and focus, towards more relevant goals than blindly chasing the latest update from those pos companies out of principle! migrate to fair options and eventually we will see decent open-source alternatives coming up.

i have been a customer of presonus hardware and software but i will abandon them if they continue with this sphere subscription bullshit, i truly hate them using S1 to tease stuff that is "exclusively" for sphere crap, also i know this is going to deviate resources to "addons" instead of focusing and giving it all to make the best daw.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

Sad to see PreSonus use that route. I was considering it as an alternative to FL Studio and Reason as one of the DAWs I use on Windows.

8. uladzislau

uladzislau Producer

R.I.P. Reason

9. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Tried it then deleted it. Can’t install sound content on external hard drive.... Idiotic

10. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

Not only are they pushing the subscription model, the hoops you have to jump to get a permanent license buying the full version of Reason (the only one available since they killed the other editions for purchase) is ridiculous.

11. muciones

muciones Kapellmeister

Ableton user here, Reason+ user as well, Sphere as well. In combination with Ableton, the more attractive is Reason+, for plugins and rack. I already cancelled Sphere but will keep Reason+, just for fun and many plugins and effects. Is not worth anyway, if is not rent2own, any of them, but all these Reason stuff is new for me and I like, for now.

12. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Reason sucks, as a company.

I've bitched about this before, but since it's semi relevant here.

They were still allowing third parties to sell licenses for Europa VST after they discontinued it (which was not quite two years after they released it IIRC). I got my registration key from the third party vendor and it didn't work so i had to contact support. Support gave me a license key via e-mail but, prompted by my questions, informed me i would not have any indication of ownership in my account nor download link. I pointed out to him that since I just spent $100 on a discontinued product, perhaps he could offer me a crossgrade option to Reason Intro, which contains the same Europa synth, costs $100 and was not discontinued (of course now it is because money lol). He told me he would not offer me an upgrade path. I told him I'd never spend a penny on this company again.

And, boys and girls, is how I avoided the pending disaster that was an investment in Reason. Here's hoping this overpriced subscription model bites them in the ass. They can't be relied on to continue supporting anything. The only thing worse than buying a product that they promptly drop and remove from your account would be renting a product that they promptly drop and remove from your account.

13. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

haha had the same problem, ended up removing some non used files to another HDD. But its still very stupid.

If somebody would offer me a free Reason Intro license i would take it, i will working with subtractor and the unison device on top, it sounds very good and the Rack Plugin, is a very good idea. But i wouldnt buy it, since im happy married with Ableton as main DAW.
    That a lone is not enough for me to pay for Reason+.

Ahhh they discontinued europa, i was looking for an upgrade the other day. Reminds me somehow on Apple, buying dual OS software and then killing off Windows. (its similar).

@Cav Emp glad he didnt say yes!

14. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

Yes you can.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. ArticStorm

okay how? because i couldnt find an option or something?

16. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

You simply move it to the external HDD/SSD

17. ArticStorm

tried, then reason wont start. I mean the Factory, Orkester, the basic required reason files to open, its 5GB and i dont want to waste my SSD space for something i barely use.

And there is no way to tell Reason, Hey please check my D-Drive for these files its there.
    I mean Reason is installed on D-Drive, i thought Reason would look in the folder on D-Drive and good, but no it just copied the files to my C-Drive in a fixed folder and i simply could not find an option to tell it an other folder, namely on the D-Drive, where the app was saved.

18. WillyA

WillyA Producer

I wouldn't touch it with a 40 metre bargepole!

19. WillyA

WillyA Producer

How very true and the biggest crooks of all time are the big pharmaceutical companies. Doctors(?) are just salesmen for big Pharma, they don't give a fuck about the patient, just take the pills and don't worry about the side effects, they are in 4 point print on the enclosed leaflet in 26 different languages, so don't say we didn't warn you. YOU ARE GUINEA PIGS!

20. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Eugenics and general population level control. Nothing new here.
    Look into the Hypocratic Oath...