Reason - going from legit to R2R, help

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Don Emerson, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Don Emerson

Don Emerson Noisemaker

I am moving from 11.3.9 legit to 12 and I have some questions regarding this move:
    • I have a bunch of patches of the VST 3 Rack Plugin that I have used in Ableton. Will these open with the R2R version? This is not Reason project files, but my own VST custom presets that are saved as Ableton group racks and are contained in Ableton projects. Should I have problems opening these since they were made with legit version?

• Which Reason midi players are included in the R2R Reason 12.2 release? In my legit Reason Suite 11.3.9 there are certain players included such as Quad Note Generator.

• Is the R2R 11.3.9 the Suite or normal version of Reason?

• I might've misunderstood, but I've read that there is a way to make old legit Reason projects open in the R2R version by installing the R2R version alongside the legit version, moving some files around and then uninstalling the legit version completely. Maybe I've misread though. Is it possible to open old project files somehow?

Thanks!

3. trz303

trz303 Producer

Reason 12 build-in devices are listed here : https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/product/reason-12/
    Quad Note Generator is a RackExtension and not featured in Reason 12 standard package.

4. Oops2k

Oops2k Noisemaker

5. Oops2k

Oops2k Noisemaker

I think You need to open those projects in Ableton and use Reason as VST plug-in. And read R2R.txt - there is a note how to convert from legit to R2R and back :)

6. Don Emerson

Don Emerson Noisemaker

Has this been announced or hinted somewhere? Or just a guess?

Thanks for your answers.

7. Oops2k

Oops2k Noisemaker

It's a guess but there are a lot of extensions so I think this one will be too :)

8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

a friend told me that High Res files are missing in the RE releases, which are released. Means we need an upgrade to have bigger GUIs in v12.

9. Tommy GASH

Tommy GASH Member

Yes, the high-res files are missing on third-party devices, which is a shame. However, Reason Studio REs work fine.

10. Angur

Angur Newbie

why doesnt reason 12 R2R let me open legit reason 11 projects. it reads "bad Formatt" is there a way i can open reason 11 project in 12