Reaper + Playtime( Helgoboss ) question.

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by justsomerandomdude, Oct 23, 2021.

1. justsomerandomdude

justsomerandomdude Platinum Record

I was recently using Playtime for Reaper In Demo mode, and i noticed when double clicking the audio clip in a cell/clip in Playtime, the item zooms in (as audio editor), is there a short cut in Reaper to zoom out of audio editor back to the previous state. Normally i think when u double click an item (audio clip) in reaper it just brings up item properties.

Also, Playtime users, do u think its worth to buy this plugin. Because i tried using it a few times but i always run out of time before i could decide, and have to restart again, so i gave up. And its not available on the Sister Site yet.
    Please suggest, if should i wait till someone post it on sisters site, or wait for any offers like Black Friday for a price drop, or buy it straight away.

Thank You,

3. grrrr

grrrr Kapellmeister

ugh totally mis readed your question. But i leave it here anyway
    Screenshot 2021-10-24 081942.jpg
    Go to options-preferences-mouse modifiers and use this action on (shift_double click left) "SWS: Toggle zoom to selected items or time selection, hide other tracks"

You must have SWS installed though

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  4. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

I'm also interested in that plugin but 20 euros isn't little money to me, unfortunately. I'm still testing it, or at least trying to.

5. justsomerandomdude

Hey Dude thanks, it works, under normal circumstances within Reaper with audio clips, with the sws SHIFT + Double click zooms in & out, but when using playtime it does not. I mean double click the cell zooms in Shift+ double click does not zoom out.

6. grrrr

grrrr Kapellmeister

must be the code within the plugin itself i guess. i dont use playtime so i have no idea

7. justsomerandomdude

Maybe, hey BTW how did u get ur Reaper preferences in black, is there an option in theme tweaker, or its a theme?

8. grrrr

grrrr Kapellmeister

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. arbuckle

arbuckle Ultrasonic

I use drivenbymoss and along with SWS it's the most essential reaper plugin to me, in fact the reason I persevered to switch from Studio One. My push mk 1 and KK mk1 keyboard work like I dreamed they would. On the push you have two drum modes, isomorphic playing, a sequencer, one click parameter mapping with nks plugins also automapping beautifully (just map the 8 komplete kontrol macro knobs to track parameters and save). Colours, scales, everything I need in the push is implemented. And it's free, in fact moss bats away requests from users to donate. Also works with a wide range of controllers like akai and launchpads (and 'generic flexi') so you can really unify all your controllers with one interface that is smoother than reapers native midi mapping.
    That said I think playtime is focused more tightly on replicating an ableton session view looping workflow, so if there may be features you use that are implemented more to your liking than in DBM. It's free so I'd suggest trying it out anyway, and moss has lots of videos showing features on YouTube.

10. justsomerandomdude

11. justsomerandomdude

Hey arbuckle thanks for the info, as i do not own a hardware like launchpad or push, i havent given much thought about DBM. I was using Live for a very long time (v7-V9), had moved to Reaper last year bcauz i ran out of free update (9 to 10) and was using v9 for like 2 years or so, and had no budget to upgrade, more than that i had more 32 bit plugins, as version 10 of live was only 64 bit i had no reason move along with that. And also found that reapers midi routing is fantastic, every thing is butter smooth so i ditched live. Basically my work flow involved creating clips, and messing with it untill i get somewhere. I miss that in Reaper, working in a linear work flow kinda puts me in constraint. I tried other DAWs but nothing comes any closer to Reaper.
    But i will look into it, and see if theres any way i could use it.
    Thanks again.

12. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

SecureUxTheme