Reaper Native Plugins Presets

Discussion in 'Presets, Patches' started by Introninja, Mar 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

3. jaganshi

jaganshi Ultrasonic

Project Template: Vocal Recording & Mixing Template
    Reaper 5(have not tested in lower versions)

Vocal Recording & Mixing Template by RCJacH is a REAPER template for recording and rough mixing lead vocal and vocal harmonies against an instrumental track, including native functional FXs (with few native JS effects) on each track with track controls directly visible on the mixer.

Tutorial:
    http://rcjach.lofter.com/post/1d452e62_aa6a591

Audio Demo made with this template:

Download Link:
    http://stash.reaper.fm/v/27327/Vocal Recording & Mixing Template by RCJacH.rar

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  4. jaganshi

jaganshi Ultrasonic

Here's a Reaper Track Template that I would like to share with you. It's called "Layout RSGC", which stands for Reference, Sections, Grooves, and Chords, a group of four tracks. These four tracks are used to construct a general layout for our song production, which is vital for commercial projects that is tight on schedule, with no time for any experimentation or trying out new ideas. It is way easier to insert the track template and do copy n' pasting rather than handwriting everything from scratch.

You can download it via the Reaper Stash or this Github Link.

Put it in the TrackTemplates folder under the Resources path, and load it up by using the command Insert Track From Template when you right click the left side of the main view.

This is what it looks like:

[​IMG]

I disabled all MIDI and Audio inputs and turned off visibility in the mixer for these tracks. Since we are using them as a references, we don't want them to interfere with our regular production workflow.

We can use the RSGC for production analysis: Analyze the groove, chords, sections of a song that is placed in the reference track, then save it as a new track template for easy reference in the future. Or you can do the same thing for all of your own songs which is a quick way to get groove and chord structure for the song. We can load up the template as a reference for re-production in another genre.

Get a more in depth explanation of what each track is for in my blog or in the Cockos Forum

That's it, have fun with it. Feel free to ask any questions or give any suggestions, it's always nice to improve workflow.

P.S. I am trying to come up with a coloring system for different harmonic purposes of chords, so each of the 251 function of both maj/min tonality has a basic main color, while the extensions, alternations, and whatever other factors would affect the hue/saturation of the main color. I saw a post http://mycolormusic.com/the-circle-of-fifths/ that assigned the color wheel to the cycle of fifth. An interesting idea, but it's based on note classes alone, without considering chord function and colors, which I feel would be more suitable for differentiating chords. So please leave a message if you have any idea on what color each chord function could be. Thank you.

5. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

how did I miss this..??. awesome...!! thanks @Introninja :wink:

I'm a huge Reaper fan... so sorry for my off topic question here

do you think we could have an "easy tips" thread for Kontakt as well ? Some of us.. well me of course
    have a difficult time penetrating ( no pun ) complicated interfaces and options.. and would be helpful
    to collate some of these simple things we can do to make our Kontakt experience more efficient and useful...

such as this https://audiosex.pro/threads/this-i...ide-your-kontakt-libraries.25702/#post-198520