Reaper MacFizz Channel Strip

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by Arabian_jesus, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

After looking through some old posts in the Reaper feature request forum I found this gem from 2017/2018.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1925514#post1925514

A user called MacFizz put together a channel strip from some of the JSFX he was normally using in his projects and put a GUI on it. I've been using it sporadically the last month or so and I must say that it has really grown on me. It has everything I need in a regular channel strip, it sounds great and it only uses 0.2-0.3% CPU (i7-8559u) when all of the modules are active. It's also possible to re-arrange the modules to a certain extent, which is great. The only negative thing about it that I can find is that there is no possibility to type in the values. You can hold down Shift while moving the knobs for more precise control but I would much rather be able to type in values.

All in all a very handy tool for Reaper users that I personally would like to see added to the JSFX that come included in Reaper!

The latest version of the strip is not the one that is available in the Reaper stash section, he has added a link to it in the thread though, but I figured it might be easier to just share the link here directly so here you go: https://forum.cockos.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43266&d=1607354142

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List