Reaper discussion thread

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by One Reason, Nov 14, 2011.

1. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Hi bupper,
    Ive never had any luck with rewire. Although the concept is cool, It really bogs down my system. Plus, when Im mixing I'll have over 50 instances of vsts (console and tape emus) and need every available ounce of processing power.

I have tried to work like you mentioned, but my sys spec isnt quite up to task. Maybe one day when Jobs ghost blesses me with a 12 core mac.

2. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Ive really yet to do anything musical in Reaper, just sort of learning it as I skin different parts..

In the Piano roll though, I can't seem to turn off the pencil tool, its stuck on pressed... It also isn't functioning, the only way I can enter midi notes is by using the paint brush, that and the eraser will turn on and off, but the pencil too is stuck..on... and not useable.

any ideas?

3. testkid008

testkid008 Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you just did't try enough :)
    Unlike other DAWs there is no need for different "tools" in the midi editor of reaper. Just hold the mousebutton after having clicked on the desired position and draw your note. Double click on a note to delete, drag your note in the middle to move it or at its sides to alter length...

4. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Im aware of that, but there are.. also tools... and the problem still persists.

[​IMG]

5. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

The above problem seems to be a big in that toolset that has been reported but not fixed.

Next question....

I have noticed that a lot of samples i drag into Reaper are clipping altho the track levels are set to 0db, When trying the same samples in other Daws, Live, Fl studio 10, The same samples are not clipping.

Any reason for this, do i have something set wrong perhaps?

Also, is there anyway to turn off the meter background staying red, and the clipping image showing, until i click on it.. to reset it.

Cheers :dunno:

6. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Howdy strangers, newbie Reaper virgin coming through

I'm dumping acid 7 and giving reaper a go, so I'll probably be burning everyone's heads out with the usual "How do i" and "where is the" questions, so bear with me 0;)

Although, I've got a few tutorials from groove 3, ask and lynda so hopefuly no obvious ones like, wher is thye play button

Heh heh you know what it's like with a new piece of software you seem to spend half your time looking for the obvious