Reaper discussion thread

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by One Reason, Nov 14, 2011.

1. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

A nice thread where those of us that are using and learning Reaper can discuss the DAW.

Not intended for My DAW is better than your DAW types of posts. *no*

I'll post a couple of questions once the thread is approved.

Carry on! :dancing:

3. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

+ 1 for a Reaper thread

4. tek909

tek909 Member

+1 here to for the Reaper thread.

5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

"Dont fear the R.E.A.P.E.R." :wink:

O.T.: Roger Waters is bringing his new production of The Wall down to S.Fl. again! Tickets were 210 last time, but worth every penny!

6. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

heh... Well.. I'm fearing.. some of it..

Tomorrow, got some questions...

So tired.... :sad:

7. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Nothing to fear. Once you learn the way they name things all will be good.

Yo sG I saw that show back in 1990 @ the Berlin Wall, Great show.Might be worth looking into his up coming show.

8. djmonkeystyle

djmonkeystyle Newbie

i just switched to reaper and learning it..

Reaper is awesomely FAST!! :dancing:

9. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Tell tell you the truth, I only use REAPER for mixing/mastering and recording. I do all my music making in Ableton and then I export all the .wav's. Then I import them into REAPER where I put the ilok2 mojo on the mixdown and mastering *yes*

I also do all my live recording in reaper too. I love the punch in at time selection, and comping takes is also very smooth.

@Mykal: The new production of The Wall is insane. Planes crashing into the stage and the visuals are mind blowing. Youre missing out if you dont go. This is the way Roger meant for it to be shown *yes*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSRypR4rTt0&feature=related

10. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

I gotta get around to covering some Floyd one of thesedays... I'd love to hit that show.. unfortunately, what we all would love to do, aint necc. what we get to do. :sad:

Maybe im the only one but.. when I hear the Gooood bye.... I always expect to hear... Ruby Tuesday.. who could hang a name on you.. right after!

*yes*

11. PYRUS MALUS

PYRUS MALUS Noisemaker

I've never tried it myself -- But conversation here has sparked my interest. Interested on hearing the input of others. I find it difficult and often counter-productive to keep switching/learning all these SW options -- But I am always looking for that elusive blend between Audio Engineered (Industry Standard) Professionalism and Ease-of-Use. I keep coming back to Ableton --- but also like using a DAW that's mixer resembles, and works much like a conventional console (So I often bounce between experimentations with Logic and Studio One) -- I mean, why can't I just get a mono track, or input gain in Ableton without using 'Utility'? NOTE: If there is a simpler way (besides making some sort of template file), or something that I've overlooked -- someone please let me know ! ;) Otherwise yeah -- I'm up for reading more user info regarding Reaper ...

12. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

ok guys - i would also learn to use reaper fast - could be handy for some orchestral stuff.
    ok any good tuts u could hand me out with good expiainations or tips?
    would be cool.
    we should we discuss other daws - reaper is too much underrated daw imo until now ...
    and they doing a great updating the whole piece.

Peace lets go!

13. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Groove 3 Reaper 4 explained. Watch that and youll be flying around reaper in no time :thumbsup:

14. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

+1 , thats where I am gaining most of the knowledge I need to know about it.

as an aside.... I thought this was... well felt... deserving.

Ironically...I would give my right arm to be able to play guitar.. :sad:

15. bupper

bupper Newbie

to SG & Pyrus Malus, why don't you just rewire Ableton as a slave into Reaper? No need to mixdown waves then to transfer them.

16. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Aint it weird!!

I just DLed Reaper 4 last night and installed it with the idea of using it as My mix station after making the Groove in Ableton.

Very next day............. THIS!!

Great stuff as ever One Reason, I`m ALL for getting it on in this thread!

One quick question that sprung from last nights fondle of the prefs in Reaper: Does the Old Girl go the Automap way as I have a launchpad and a Nocturn 49?

Already got the Groove3 tut so gonna get on that, along with the myriad of other app/plug/synth/etc tuts I already NEED to watch! :dancing:

17. Black Lotus

Black Lotus Guest

subGENRE

Thumbs up for Blue Oyster Cult :wink:

18. hoodhendrix

hoodhendrix Member

OOOOOOOOOOOOK Im wit this ! I*love reaper and im like my man up top i bring my sequenced track to reaper and record vocals and mix there. But Reaper to me is the KIND. Being able to use RTAS plugs and everything else come on. I use plugs in REAPER thats only supposed to work in its native DAW. Lets get it craccin illo show you where the muscle is. "Hoodhendrix has spoken"...

19. The Reaper bibble...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/56513756/Mixing-Primer-Print-3

20. djkmc

djkmc Newbie

Reaper is the second DAW i've ever paid for, been a user and have made templates for axiom 25 and korg micro mixer thingy...Reason/Record(now Reason 6) is the other DAW I own.
    Reaper to me is an application that works the way I think. If you want it to do someting, it may take some time to set up, but It allows one to fully determine one's workflow. Most other daws are hard coded so that you cant get to the macro level. I've been using Reaper since Version 1.9 i think. One ugly piece of software to look at then, but its getting better. Invest some time in it, and the returns are plentiful. There's a Reason it's called the protools killer. The forum is great, Justin, Cockos dev team, White tie, and others are ready to help.

try as I may to stray, I always come back to Reaper to play :)

21. DivinEvil

DivinEvil Newbie

Well, now that, the other thread that I've been crying at should be done at this point. I'm back to my agenda of getting shit straight, and I've installed Reaper and I have to say once I get past the GUI learning curve I'll probably like it more than many others.

I like the the in line presentation much like s1, the piano roll sequence seems a bit strange but I don't think I'll have a problem adapting. I opened up one of the Analogue Warfare plugins by Angular Momentum to test it out. Nice. I'd like to find a tutorial video to just sit back with a note book and learn as much as I can.

I have to say this just might be the first purchase I make. Usually around Christmas my family out of state sends up cash because they know it would be better utilized than a random gift, and my wife's parents usually have us pick something out we want; which she liked Reaper too so hehe! There there's a drum sequencer I want really bad which I think we could get both this year if we play our cards right. I don't want to count on anything and get myself in a shitty mood again so...yeah.

@djkmc - I'd kill to join you behind that Propellerhead Registration wall... I love the 6 demo. Too bad there's not render. I thought, 'whoa... the only thing is no reopen of a saved!? I can do a full track in one session!' lol