Reaper broke and played WAV tracks out of tune.

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by doxent, Dec 6, 2012.

1. doxent

doxent Newbie

Yesterday I was working on a project and suddenly after I stopped and rewind it the wav track started to play out of tune, about 1/2 semitone down so it sounded like there was no enough power in the tape recorder. When I opened my old project everything played normally but any new project I created and imported any wav tracks into them played out of tune circa 1/2 semitone down. VSTi tracks with midi played in tune though so when you mixed them with those wav it sounded horrible. No idea what happend. So the only way to fix that I had to remove my whole Reaper installation with all the settings, clear the temporary files folder with CCleaner, remove all Reaper user data and did fresh install of Reaper 4.31 and now it seems like the problem is gone but dunno for how long. Weird thing is that all old projects played normally but any new created ones were out of tune. Any ideas what might have happend?

3. adaragray

adaragray Newbie

i`m pretty sure i know what happened

you moved the playrate fader
    by default its 1

4. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

Yes, that affects the wave data but VSTi audio is not transposed so it fits.

5. DexVegas

DexVegas Newbie

Playrate fader or the tempo was changed. If you don't want audio to change speed/pitch when tempo is changed you have to change a project setting. Options menu, project settings, change 'Timebase for items/envelopes/markers' from it's default (beats-position/length/rate) to 'Time'.