Reaper 6.82 not showing Impact Soundworks SNESVerb x64

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by Mynock, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Hi people, I recently updated Reaper to version 6.82 and Impact Soundworks SNESVerb simply disappeared from my list of plugins... :dunno:

For those mates who use this plugin with Reaper, is everything working right for you?

Windows 10 Pro 22H2
    Version 10.0.19045.3324 - Build 19045

3. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

I'm on Reaper 6.82, myself, so far so good with everything.. but i don't use SNESVerb.

I've never seen a working update to Reaper cause plugins to stop working.. that's not to say it can't happen, just doesn't seem likely (although not impossible either).

I know you weren't asking for help, so pardon me for suggesting some more obvious troubleshooting... have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the plugin? Did you also check Plug-ins->VST->Plugins that failed to scan to see if it's there? If it's not, maybe something changed in your VST plug-in Paths variable (same settings window) that you're not pointing to wherever that plugin is installed. This might happen if you installed Reaper as a non-portable install when you normally install as portable, for example (your settings will essentially be wiped).

I'm on the same build of Win10 as you. If you don't figure things out, and someone else doesn't also have this plugin to confirm functionality, I can install this try this out if there's a demo.

4. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Thanks naitguy! Dude, I already did everything you suggested! And yes, the plugin directory addressing is correct (both x64 and x86 directories, more than tenfold checks :facepalm:). I always used the "Sister Site" version and it seems to be a problem only with it! This is annoying because I like the realistic and fast result it offers. For now, using this version of JBM SPaCer, which I don't like very much:

https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-Plugins/JBM-SPaCer.shtml
    (freeware)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
  5. Jayster

Jayster Kapellmeister

That's a known and common thing with Reaper over the years and ALL versions so far: certain plugins just won't show up. Reason is some incompatibilities with Reaper due to a not "clean" implemented plugin code. Only chance is to complain at the plugin manufacturer to fix it

6. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

So I guess it's gone from the sister site now, but I grabbed the one off of Audio News... it looks to be v1.0.2, I think... released by 0TH3Rside on Oct 21, 2016 (not sure if there's a newer one somewhere?)

At any rate, it is working for me. Are you using the 64bit or 32bit version? The 64bit is all i tried.

7. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Yeah, Jayster I was able to access SNESVerb via BC Patchwork! but it doesn't appear by itself!

So I can use it again! :dj:

I don't think we have a new version naitguy! I installed both versions and nothing worked... the x64 version can only be accessed via BC Patchwork :beg:

Just for the record, JBM SPaCer has a very dark tone color and completely changes the overall timbre...!

[​IMG]

Great to have feedback from you guys, thanks again!:mates:

8. justsomerandomdude

justsomerandomdude Rock Star

Try this, maybe it will work.
    Open up C:\users\blah blah\Appdata\Roaming\Reaper\reaper-vstplugins64.ini, assuming u r using 64 bit or x86 in case of 32 bit(In case 64 bit reaper both 32 and 64 plugins should be tr) in notepad++ of similar other editor u use, if just using notepad first open notepad as admin and open the file using menu.
    Navigate to the plugin line For ex: if im looking for fabfilter q2
    u have to absolutely sure that this is the pluign.
    Remove the line, dont leave any blank space or line
    Save it and close.
    open Reaper let it scan, check wat happens.
    Ps: blah blah is username

9. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Wow pal, super thanks for these advanced infos!
    Here for me, accessing reaper-vstplugins64.ini file in Notepad, appears like this:

SNESVerb.dll=**************** (16 numbers)
    just that... :dunno:... while MixBox, for example:

MixBox.dll=*****************,*************,MixBox (IK Multimedia)

Did it help you in any way?

10. justsomerandomdude

s the developer name will be brackets in the end along with plugin name
    but the 64 i mentioned the fabfilter like 'Pro q2 64' example is just me that renamed the plugin adding 64, for some devious reason i cant remember.
    Edit: its just the plugin cache, removing the line just removes the plugin, an while starting Reaper it just rescans and adds that line again at the bottom.

11. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

The funny thing is that something around 98% of plugins are presented with two sequences of numbers, separated by commas, while SNESVerb contains only one (with 16 digits). Neoverb is in the same format as SNESVerb, for example.

I removed that line with 16 numerals from reaper-vstplugins64, restarted reaper and only the x86 SNESVerb version was recognized... that's something! :wink:

12. justsomerandomdude

dont worry about the numbers, use "find" and search, if tr is more than one

13. justsomerandomdude

thats because the x86 folder was scanned b4 64 folder, the order u mentioned in reaper plugin folder list. so if u want to use 64 bit version, just find the x86 .dll (plugin file) move to a different place temporarily and start the process again. After done move back x86 dll

14. Duckie

Duckie Newbie

Think i've had something similar before.

Like you said:
    Non working plugins look like:
    SNESVerb.dll=**************** (16 numbers)

Working plugins look like:
    MixBox.dll=*****************,*************,MixBox (IK Multimedia)

So you're missing that second number, i used to fix that by entering the bullsh*t number of 0 !
    (For example i have
    Reaktor_6_FX.dll=****************,0,Reaktor 6 FX (Native Instruments GmbH)
    Reaktor_6.dll=****************,0,Reaktor 6 (Native Instruments GmbH)!!!VSTi )

TLDR: try entering SNESVerb.dll=****************,0,SNESVerb (Impact Soundworks)

15. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Thanks dude... Just awesome: That mischievous imp was caught by the Reaper scan!
    About the (x86) version, it disappeared... which for me is not a problem...

16. justsomerandomdude

Glad u got it fixed
    Just fyi it doest dissapear, if both .dll have the same name regardless of 64 or 32, if u have moved x86 file and move back again where it was, then its always rewritten in plugin cache, but Reaper just prefers which was scanned first.

To use both just rename the .dll which u least prefer with a suffix "x86" or 'x64' or to what ever u like. So Reaper considers this as a different file and adds to the list.

17. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Thanks pal, but whenever I try to do that what you said, I even toggled the deletion of the two lines separated by a comma, I tried to add zero before and after the comma, but it always adds (x86) first and when I do that, it doesn't recognize (x64) version... it seems to me that the second number would have to be different... well... NOPE!

18. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Case closed... thanks man... (x86) and (x64) both perfectly recognized!
    :bow:

Note to self: Beauty also lies in imperfection: Reaper remains beautifully amazing! :headbang: