Reaper 5.0 + Waves Vocal Rider = Sidechaining possible?

Discussion in 'Reaper' started by javimetal, Dec 27, 2014.

1. javimetal

javimetal Newbie

Hi everybody!

Now that Reaper 5 beta has come, will it be possible to use the waves vocal rider completely? I mean, with the "Music" knob working. If so, has anyone who has the Reaper beta achieved or tested it?

Kind regards!

3. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Not tested. But what does it mean?
    I think Reaper 5 is just a new number of version, with new features (new scripts, VST3 support, new theme and appearance update, toolbar update, metronome update, updates for "video", OGG Opus support and some other new features) and, as usual, with a lot of improvements and bugfixes. I don't think they change something with their usual plugin support. Just new features and improvements/fixes (they always improve and fix, but this time will be more).
    Main feature of Reaper 5.0 is VST3 support IMHO; other - is just like a "large update" such as 4.50, 4.60, 4.70...
    Maybe later they will add something new. Who knows... :dunno:

4. dipje

dipje Ultrasonic

The Vocal Rider sidechaining (which is kinda an essential element of that plugin) worked through VST3 sidechaining only. Since Reaper didn't support VST3, the plugin was pretty much unusable under Reaper (or any pure VST2 host for that matter).

I think that Reaper 5 should fix that now (sidechaining VST3 is a 'basic' feature, can't imagine that not making it in).
    I didn't install Reaper 5 yet, actually have Vocal Rider installed, so I could try.

Btw, MeldaPlugins MAutoVolume does the same thing, and actually works with VST2-sidechaining (and thus Reaper 4). (It works by accepting aux input on input channels 3/4 while channels 1/2 is the regular stereo input).

edit: tried it, seems to work fine

5. javimetal

javimetal Newbie

Tried and tested. As dipje said, it works 100% fine. At last!